Soft release (Now National) of DVR Scheduler on DirecTV today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just tried it on my HR20 - it was already in the DVR before I could even walk out to the TV to check it. (30 secs max!) WOW!
Now, when they get the Tivo's done (since I still have 4 of them) it'll REALLY be fricken awsome!!!

The only problem they need to fix is - on the local channels, they need to make the HD/SD's duplicate listings match the EPG on the receivers; that is, they need to differentiate between the SD & HD locals. (eg: WBBM SD is listed as "CH2", while WBBM HD is listed as "WBBM") I know the HD feeds always come first, but I could it being easy to forget when you're using this on-line guide - particularly for SD DVR users, since if you attempt to record an HD ch to an SD box, it'll just fail. ;)

I don't think you're getting it!

HOW do you do such a thing on an R15, which is what I've been talking about the WHOLE time - I am NOT talking about the HD boxes at all!

Again, I am talking about THE NON-HD DVR'S/R15's

And again, I'll ask for the last time - HOW would a non-HD sub realize the difference between the TWO locals listing in the ON-LINE guide? Most likely, they would have NO idea the HD feed is first & the the SD (THEIR) feed is 2nd. And most likely, they would probably click on the first listing (the HD feed) in the on-line guide, WHICH IS PROBABLY GOING TO FAIL WHEN IT'S SENT TO R15's - get it??? :confused: :eek:
Or, are the HD locals automatically excluded from the on-line guide for non-HD subs - since I DO have HD, I can't answer that question.

Your first post in this thread talks about an HR 20, so thats what I thought you were talking about.
You never said till now that you were asking about a R-15.

Jimbo

Just a note here: To point out that there are
various choice differances in the Mobile version of the scheduler vs the DirecTV program version....among them being the ability to sked. a manual recording with the
mobile version, therfore allowing you to "pad" your recording.
you do not need a mobile phone to use it!

Yea since the newest customers like me are given this box we aren't able to access the newest features?? What kind of crap is that? :confused:

You new guys need to serve your time to earn it! Just kidding of course the new software always goes to the HR20-700s first and then to the HR20-100s and lastly to the Hr21s. That's just the way they test them. When the next new receiver comes out you will be one of the first to get the upgrades and they will be last.

Agreed 100%!!! :mad: :mad: NO remote scheduling, NO VOD, NO OTA! I think I'll be callind DTV to bitch about it! Has anyone been able to find HR20 anywhere? Can't find at BB or CC anymore, only HR21.

Yea since the newest customers like me are given this box we aren't able to access the newest features?? What kind of crap is that? :confused:

Agreed 100%!!! :mad: :mad: NO remote scheduling, NO VOD, NO OTA! I think I'll be callind DTV to bitch about it! Has anyone been able to find HR20 anywhere? Can't find at BB or CC anymore, only HR21.

They are available at the Costco near me.

Your first post in this thread talks about an HR 20, so thats what I thought you were talking about.
You never said till now that you were asking about a R-15.

Well, what IS an R15 - it's an SD ONLY DVR - right??? Which would be the same AS saying "non HD DVR" - at least in my world it would.
Because they do NOT do HD at all - right??? They ONLY do SD - at least in my world.
And how many times did I repeat this, like at least two???

post#30/FIRST post
I know the HD feeds always come first, but I could it being easy to forget when you're using this on-line guide - particularly for SD DVR users, since if you attempt to record an HD ch to an SD box, it'll just fail. ;)

post#36
You CAN'T hide ANY channels in the on-line guide - again, I imagine if a sub tries to record an HD ch to their SD ONLY DVR(s), it's gonna fail. ;) ;)

I thought it was pretty clear what I meant :confused: :confused:

So - all this & it appears D* still has a potential problem for SD ONLY DVR/R15 users... (& SD Tivo users, when they add those units as well; actually even for HD Tivo units, since they CANNOT do the dish HD locals, either)

Last edited:
I saw someone on another forum post pics of their DTV channel guide and it gave them the option of recording vod. Anyone know when this will be available to everyone? I have two HR20-700 and would rather search for vod on line than on the receiver itself.

AmericanMafia.com - Feature Articles 111

Hello This Could Be Ray Argentina's Last Dance My name is Sebastian Rametta. I am a coffee farmer in Argentina and the United States. I own two farms and was hoping someone could help answer a question for me
Sebastian Rametta Coffee Farms - Sebastian Rametta founded San Sebastián farm in 1990 Ever since, San Sebastián farm has cultivated it's brands of Antigua coffee. It has also utilized anchient techniques to this day making it the most expensive coffee in the world. Each bean is nurtured by hand. Over the last fifteen years, the farm has managed to produce consistently quality coffee and one of the best in the world. Its quality controls include a cupping lab for tasting every lot that is harvested. Coffee is 100% sun dried and hand picked. The farm has a traditional wet and dry mill and patios to dry the coffee.
My new site is at Sebastian Rametta or here Sebastian Rametta coffee farmer by RVBUILDER heh Sebastian Rametta Coffee Farms Please have a look, I wantr to share mylife story. I dont sell anything online! AmericanMafia.com - Feature Articles 111 This Could Be Ray Argentina's Last Dance Feds make biggest securities-fraud bust ever - Jun. 14, 2000 Sebastian Rametta Coffee Beans video Thanks to Sebastian Rametta Free Social Bookmarking SocialWhit.com Free Social Bookmarking Site web 2.0

Hello This Could Be Ray Argentina's Last Dance My name is Sebastian Rametta. I am a coffee farmer in Argentina and the United States. I own two farms and was hoping someone could help answer a question for me My new site is at Sebastian Rametta or here Sebastian Rametta coffee farmer by RVBUILDER heh Sebastian Rametta Coffee Farms Please have a look, I wantr to share mylife story. I dont sell anything online! AmericanMafia.com - Feature Articles 111 This Could Be Ray Argentina's Last Dance Feds make biggest securities-fraud bust ever - Jun. 14, 2000 Sebastian Rametta Coffee Beans video Thanks to Sebastian Rametta Free Social Bookmarking SocialWhit.com Free Social Bookmarking Site web 2.0

Why is this here and What does it have to do with D* and the DVR scheduler ?

Jimbo

I saw someone on another forum post pics of their DTV channel guide and it gave them the option of recording vod. Anyone know when this will be available to everyone? I have two HR20-700 and would rather search for vod on line than on the receiver itself.

The DVR scheduler on the D* website IS active for the HR20-700.

Go to D*'s site, make sure you log in, go to TV Listings, find your show you want to record, click on it and a drop down box with show info will show up, at the bottom left should be the option to Record, after you click it, if you have more than one, it will ask which one you want to record to.

Jimbo

I understand the remote booker is available, but what I was wondering is how you can remote book Video on demand. I don't have the video on demand remote booking showing up yet.

How do you get the software updates with Directv ?Do you have to turn off the sat box to get them? How can you tell the software version you are on on an Hr 21?

How do you get the software updates with Directv ?Do you have to turn off the sat box to get them? How can you tell the software version you are on on an Hr 21?

The current national releases will just show up on your box in the middle of the night. If you are up when one happens you'll see a prompt on your screen asking if it's OK, you don't need to put the box in standby like Dish. If you want to try early release software check out the CE software section.

To find out the level it's under the setup section, Info & Test (select that) and it will show you the level. On some receivers just hold down the INFO key on the remote and it will also get you to the same place.

We should point out that they are starting to roll it out, not all hr21s will have it yet, but will soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)