Help with Diplexers and DP44 Please !!!

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
Ok, I think I got in a bit over my head, please bail me out.

Not much experience with diplexers but have installed a couple in a simple install.

Here is what I have....

My neighbor has a Dish 1000, he had two cables running from the dish feeding two dual tuner DVRs. Each cable went to a diplexer, with the antenna out side going to a normal CATV splitter feeding a couple of more TV's on the TV out of each tuner. The other diplexers were attached just abouve the dual tuners seperators.

He wanted to add another receiver so we ran another cable down from the 1000
and took the cable off the lnb in on the 1000 totally. So we have 3 cables running down to the DP44, and all the recievers work as the should, all satellites show up, no problems, but he still wants to feed other tv's off the tv out on the dual tuners, so how do I put the diplexers back into play with the DP44 involved ?

Before, the diplexers were attached above the dual tuner seperators, and then in the garage where the two cables entered his house and where a cable comes from every room and stops.

Last edited:
Simple. Put a diplexor on every input on the Dpp44 then at every tv u want it at ;0 Thats all ! Ie 4 at 119,110,118.7, & 129 for example. Each input needs one. Then every tv needs one reversed.

Just put the diplexers at the output of the switch like Iceberg said. Remember that you can't use diplexers on port 1 where the power inserter goes unless they are rated 2 Amps. The blue Holland diplexers are the only ones I know that are rated for port 1. You can put any other type of diplexer on the other outputs.

Switch Output === Diplexer ========= Diplexer === Receiver
Splitter ========/-----------------------------\=== TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)