help with direct tv R-10 and vonage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rfw10005

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
i will be changing my phone services over to vonage SOON
and foregot about dtv r-10 needing a phone lime. Can i turn on the usb ports on it. Or what is the best way hook it up?

For Vonage, you can distribute it throughout the house. Just plug the phone line into a local jack and it spreads it throughout the house. They only thing they recommend is to disconnect the phone wires in the phone box in case they Telco turns the phone line back on. It sends power and could harm the Vonage equipment. So all Directv receivers should work with the Vonage line. You do need to adjust your dial out settings. Check here.

DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo - TiVo Community & Store

Search for Vonage.

For Vonage, you can distribute it throughout the house. Just plug the phone line into a local jack and it spreads it throughout the house. They only thing they recommend is to disconnect the phone wires in the phone box in case they Telco turns the phone line back on. It sends power and could harm the Vonage equipment. So all Directv receivers should work with the Vonage line. You do need to adjust your dial out settings. Check here.

DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo - TiVo Community & Store

Search for Vonage.
I ended up having to use an external modem with the HDtivo and vonage. Many times no matter what settings you use it simply will not work with the internal modem. The newer recievers can use internal analog modems over digital phone lines?

I set my bandwith saver to max, and my Tivo numbers are

1-212-238-4220
no dial prefix
no call waiting prefix
tone
availability detection off
dial tone detection on

Every time I force a call I make sure I'm not on the internet plus majority of the time it calls at night, so no one is one the computer anyway.

My Vonage came with a router that had 2 phone ports and a couple ethernet ports. I have my HR20 hooked up to the router via phone line and ethernet. Both are working just fine. My situation may differ in that my phone line/cable outlets are all right behind or next to my home theater entertainment center, so I have minimal cable runs.

Vonage & HR20

I currently have an H10 and using it w/ Vonage has been flaky. I had to force the H10 to dial a (212) number by placing it in the prefix field. A couple months ago is stopped working. For approximately 3 weeks straight it would fail the connection routine but then suddenly it fixed itself. :confused:

I'm considering upgrading to the HR20. What is the dialing setup like in the HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)