Help with Directv slimline dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lady_Vi

Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Missouri
I need help with a Directv Slimline Dish.
I had 2 round dishes and I have replaced them with 1 slimline dish. It took awhile but I finally got the regular channels going but I can not get the local channels going. Is there somthing else to be done for these channels?

Are you still using the old multiswitch? If so, you'll either need to replace it or lose it altogether (depending on how many tuners you have).

Did you re-run the setup on each receiver?

Which of the four Slimline dish configurations are you using?

Do you subscribe to HD programming?

Missouri isn't a tiny state. Could you be more specific (a zip code perhaps) or offer up what market's locals you're expecting to receive?

No I am not using a multiswitch and I did run the setup on the receiver.
Not sure what u mean by the configuration? No I do not subscribe to HD. Zip is 65571.
Local channels are for Springfield Missouri.
I just wanted to get rid of the 2 dishes and be able to use one dish.
I have 1 TV and 1 receiver

Did you re-run satellite setup in the menu options?

What are your signals like on 101, 103ca, 103cb, 99c, 110, and 119?

did you go from the 18" and 72.5 dish setup to a slimline5? you might need a new box then.
BINGO!

Springfield, according to the latest transponder maps, has apparently remained a 72.5W SD LIL market and as such, the OP has effectively removed access to their SD LIL channels.

The solution now is the same as it was before the dish switch: call DIRECTV and swap out the existing SD receiver for an HD receiver. This would likely have been a free upgrade (dish, receiver and installation) had it been approached conventionally.

Self-installing is overrated.

did you go from the 18" and 72.5 dish setup to a slimline5?

slimline 3's also work in ALL 72.5 markets

I just wanted to get rid of the 2 dishes and be able to use one dish.
I have 1 TV and 1 receiver

WHY??? As you probably already know, the slimeline's are NOT exactly the easiest to install for newbies
So now instead of 2 SMALL dishes, you now have 1 LARGE dish - not sure what the biggie is, but whatever... :confused:
And, you ARE aware that your existing receiver may NOT be compatable with your MPEG4 locals

BINGO!

Springfield, according to the latest transponder maps, has apparently remained a 72.5W SD LIL market and as such, the OP has effectively removed access to their SD LIL channels.

The solution now is the same as it was before the dish switch: call DIRECTV and swap out the existing SD receiver for an HD receiver. This would likely have been a free upgrade (dish, receiver and installation) had it been approached conventionally.

Except the OP did NOT say a thing about wanting HD - ONLY to get rid of the 2 dishes. While you are right about the HD upgrade being free, the OP would have also had to start paying for HD access. (although they might have been able to get D* to waive it for 2 years, in light of other existing subs doing the same thing)

OP - sorry, but if the ONLY thing you're wanting is ONE dish, D* does NOT do upgrades like that for FREE.
If you want to upgrade to HD, then it's a different story...

Self-installing is overrated

Especially when people don't know what they ARE self-installing...

Last edited:
While you are right about the HD upgrade being free, the OP would have also had to start paying for HD access.

She wouldn't if her local sd channels are on 99 or 103 and she didn't want hd. You need hd equipment, but you don't have to pay the hd access fee.

She wouldn't if her local sd channels are on 99 or 103 and she didn't want hd. You need hd equipment, but you don't have to pay the hd access fee.

But D* will NOT do FREE upgrades to MPEG4 equipment for SD ONLY subs, unless they are doing these upgrades in your specific market - of which the OP's market is NOT one of them.
So yea, she could get a new HD receiver, & NOT have to have HD access, but D* is NOT going to give it to her the upgrade FREE - because there is NO reason for them TO do it. ;) ;)

But D* will NOT do FREE upgrades to MPEG4 equipment for SD ONLY subs, unless they are doing these upgrades in your specific market - of which the OP's market is NOT one of them.
So yea, she could get a new HD receiver, & NOT have to have HD access, but D* is NOT going to give it to her the upgrade FREE - because there is NO reason for them TO do it. ;) ;)

I thought Directv did free upgrades to hd/mpeg4 boxes for those markets that had their sd channels moved from 72.5 to 99 or 103. Isn't Springfield MO one of those markets?

I thought Directv did free upgrades to hd/mpeg4 boxes for those markets that had their sd channels moved from 72.5 to 99 or 103. Isn't Springfield MO one of those markets?

No, it was Columbia, MO...here are the others:

November 4,2009
Fort Wayne, IN

November 18,2009
Columbia - Jefferson City, MO
Peoria - Bloomington, IL
Youngstown, OH

December 9, 2009
Burlington, VT - Plattsburg, NY
La Crosse - Eau Claire, WI
Lincoln - Hastings, NE
Traverse City - Cadillac, MI
Waco, TX

On the other 72.5 markets, they have NOT moved them - they ARE dual-feeding them; BIG difference.

No, it was Columbia, MO...here are the others:

November 4,2009
Fort Wayne, IN

November 18,2009
Columbia - Jefferson City, MO
Peoria - Bloomington, IL
Youngstown, OH

December 9, 2009
Burlington, VT - Plattsburg, NY
La Crosse - Eau Claire, WI
Lincoln - Hastings, NE
Traverse City - Cadillac, MI
Waco, TX

On the other 72.5 markets, they have NOT moved them - they ARE dual-feeding them; BIG difference.

Gotcha. How many markets are left on 72.5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)