Help with DP34 and 522 outage

Voss001

Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
OK, I've got a problem. I'm new here, so please feel free to direct me to a better place to post this if necessary.

I have 2 522s and a DP34 switch. All was good in the world until I had to re-stuco my house yesterday. I took the dish down and put it back up later, fully expecting I'd have to realign it a bit with my satellite finder. When I put it back up, I was having a bitch of a time getting the 110 and 119 birds acquired. Suddenly, at some point, my DP34 lost the 4 green Xs and they haven't been back since. No matter what I do, including connecting the dish 5 feet away from the DP34 with brand new cables, I get the 'Warning 530 : One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversely affected.' When I look at the details, I see the same status on sat. input 1 and 2: Both have Switch status: connected to a DP34 w/ 3 inputs, Port1 DP Twin 0Good Connection, No signal Port2 DP Twin0 Good Connection, No Signal Port3 N.C. No COnnection.

Then, when I go back to dish alignment screen, Status is Reception Error in red on both inuts.

What gives ? Is this how they are supposed to look until I get a signal and I've just never seen it this way before, or is something gone sideways?

THanks.

A bit more info

OK I have discovered a bit more data. I couldn't get one line up to the dish to get a signal on my meter. Turns out it is shorted - the moron stucco crew went apeshit with staples and undoubtedly shot one right through the center of one of my RG6 runs. (what are the odds?)

Questions: Does this mean my DP34 switches are fried ? They were likely running at the time.

Assuming I can pull the staple out of the shorted run, is that the end for that segment, even if it's still intact? (I assume so, which sux because the run is now inaccessible as the house is closed up.)

Many thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)