Help with hooking up 2 units

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Hello :)
I have a fortec ultra hooked to a disq 4*1 with three sat dishes.
now I want to hook another receiver into the setup but I can't figure out how.
What kind of switch do I get and where do I put it?
Thanks Guys
rdel

depends on what you have for dish setup and what you want the other to see

As ana example, I have a dish for G10 and a motorized with KU band and DBS tied together with a 4x1 switch (LOS issue is why I need the separate dish).

I hooked a dual LNB on the G10 dish and ran a separate line to another receiver...that receiver only gets G10

rdel said:
Hello :)
I have a disq 4*1 with three sat dishes.
now I want to hook another receiver into the setup

I need more input!!!

Are your LNB's single or duals?

How many receivers might you want to hook up in the future?

Do you want to use more than one receiver at a time?

Are you on a budget?

I have a lot of LNB Wiring Drawings and I am currently hooking up 12 LNBs and one motorized dish to four receivers.

1st Lesson - Positioning Motors are cheaper than switches, labor, and wire. And motors get more satellites than even a T90 Toroidal dish. It is just a challenge to wire a positioning motor to four receivers.

Hi Iceberg
all my lnb's are single and I was trying to get all the dishes on both receivers,
any ideas? I'm stumped.
Is there a switch I can put in between the desq switch and the receivers? or maybe one of the dishnet multiswitches?
Thanks Iceberg
Rdel :)

Hi Jerry
One of the units is a fortec, the other is a older one and I will be using both at the same time. all my lnb's are single. My budget is ok. Only hooking up two receivers now and no plans to add more.
Thank You
rdel :)

rdel said:
Hi Iceberg
all my lnb's are single and I was trying to get all the dishes on both receivers,
any ideas? I'm stumped.
Is there a switch I can put in between the desq switch and the receivers? or maybe one of the dishnet multiswitches?
Thanks Iceberg
Rdel :)

you can use satellite splitters (rated up to 2000 or more) and split the signal on each LNB.

Hi iceberg
Where can I find the splitters, are they on ebay? can I put one before the disq switch and the units?
Thanks
rdel

what slots are the dishes aimed at right now?

A Ku band LNB you can split before the splitter…A DBS one you can’t

Splitter would go between the DiseQc switch and the LNB
Yes you can get them on Ebay or at Radio Shack

one at g10r one at amc3 and the other on dish 119 for music
thanks tony

rdel said:
Hi Jerry
One of the units is a fortec, the other is a older one and I will be using both at the same time. all my lnb's are single. My budget is ok. Only hooking up two receivers now and no plans to add more.
Thank You
rdel :)

If you want to use both receivers at the same time. Then you need dual LNBs and some multiswitches. The multiswitches have to have at least two receiver out ports. Wire the multiswitches to the dual LNBs, wire the 4 way Diseqc switches to the multiswitch and you can access 8 LNBs with that set up. Cool part is, that the path to the LNBs is the same on paper for both receivers. So you can move the receivers between locations without changing settings.

I have the drawings at home on my computer.

Thanks Jerry
It looks like I will not be able to pull if off.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts