Help with hooking up system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcromeis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2005
Ok...noobish question, but Direct tv just came to hookup my stuff today and i need to figure out how to hook everythign up for a nice optimal surround system, etc.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Flat Panel Plasma TV
Onkyo 604
Oppo 970HD
Direct TV HD receiver (connected to Plasma via HDMI input 1)

any help how to get everything to work...DVD w/ surround, TV with surround etc?

thanks!!

Ok...noobish question, but Direct tv just came to hookup my stuff today and i need to figure out how to hook everythign up for a nice optimal surround system, etc.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Flat Panel Plasma TV
Onkyo 604
Oppo 970HD
Direct TV HD receiver (connected to Plasma via HDMI input 1)

any help how to get everything to work...DVD w/ surround, TV with surround etc?

thanks!!

I guess I would hook the D* rec. up via HDMI or Component, which ever you have and looks better to you on your set.
As for the audio, if your A/V rec has optical audio hook ups, I would run one from the D* rec to the A/V rec. also run one from your DVD to the A/V rec too.

Jimbo

I guess I would hook the D* rec. up via HDMI or Component, which ever you have and looks better to you on your set.
As for the audio, if your A/V rec has optical audio hook ups, I would run one from the D* rec to the A/V rec. also run one from your DVD to the A/V rec too.

Jimbo

thanks for reply. Well...ive got the directtv receiver via HDMI to tv. The Onkyo receiver has 2 HDMI input 1 HDMI Out. Should i run the Oppo via HDMI to receiver? then HDMI out receiver to TV? ive tried a billion methods and still cant seem to get Surround audio from tv or dvd.

thanks

thanks for reply. Well...ive got the directtv receiver via HDMI to tv. The Onkyo receiver has 2 HDMI input 1 HDMI Out. Should i run the Oppo via HDMI to receiver? then HDMI out receiver to TV? ive tried a billion methods and still cant seem to get Surround audio from tv or dvd.

thanks

Are you sure you are going to the correct settings on your Audio rec. ?
Also, make sure the DD is set up to be active on your D* rec.
The DVD should be pretty straight forward, optical out from DVD (If you have that on your DVD) right to the A/V rec., also you can run the hdmi if avaialble from the DVD to the TV or to the A/V rec. either way.

Jimbo

I just got done upgrading the receiver in my system. Here is what I did. Fed the DirecTv receiver into the audio receiver via HDMI for the video and optical digital audio (also called Toslink I think) for the audio. I fed the DVD player into the audio receiver via HDMI for the video and coaxial digital audio (org colored RCA jack) for the audio. I then fed the HDMI out from the audio receiver to my big screen. So I have only one connection for video to the big screen and whenever I select my source on the audio receiver the appropriate video is automaticaly routed to the bigscreen.

As for the setup of the DVD player you will probably want Audio DRC to WIDE RANGE, Digital out set to ON, Dolby digital set to Dolby digital and DTS set to ON

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts