Help with install for Bell Expressvu?

Bingo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi and thanks in advance.

The picture below shows my current system. I recently replaced a 6100 with a 9242 (single tuner HD to a dual tuner HD PVR). The install I had worked for that, and a 5200 (dual PVR standard) plus a 3100 (regular standard).

So by putting the 9242 in the 6100's place clearly everything works but I don't have any source for the second HD tuner.

The package came with a SW44

Any thoughts on how I need to reconfigure things to give me two lines to the 9242 in HD, and two lines to the 5200 (nonHD) and one line to the 3100 (nonHD)?

Thanks in advance.

Bell%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg

If I understand right now you have 3 receivers and 5 receiver inputs?

If so you need to overhaul the LNB setup. What you currently have is not enough inputs for the receivers since the 9200 needs 2, the 5200 needs 2 and the 3100 needs 1

so there are two options (the picture above is totally wrong in the setup). A multiswitch you need both lines from one LNB to the multiswitch

easiest is switch to DishPro LNB's and switches. Get a DP Twin and a couple DP34 switches. The DP Twin will allow 2 lines from the LNB to the switch (one from 91 & 1 from 82) and the DP34 gives 4 outputs. You can cascade the DP34 switches for 8 outputs. 2 lines to the 5200, 2 to the 9200 and 1 to the 3100

Or you could use a DPP44+ switch instead of the DP34. This would allow you to run one line to the 5200 and one line to the 9200 and use a DishProSeparator. Then you only need 3 lines from the switch

Second option is put up a second dish. The issue is the current LNB's are Legacy and to use a multiswitch (SW44) you need 4 lines from the LNB's to the switch

Thanks for the reply ...

I got it working, thought I should drop back and post this picture in case it helps someeone else
Bingo.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)