Help with Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omega800

Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Hello guys, I am having some problems with my setup. I am in southern california (Lat 33.54/Long 117.63). I have a HH90 motor/fortec dish/quad lnb/coolsat 6000 box. With my current setup my Level is 80, and quality 5 (using 116.8 satmex5). When I scan for channels, I get nothing. I want to know if my settings are correct: true south 180-14=166, skew 0, motor elevation 33, and dish elevation 28(althought some sites point me to different dish elevation 39.6 and/or 42.7). Thank you in advance.

With that quad try pointing at a high powered SAT like 110, 119 if you have that side of the LNB to the box with a switch if not Ice has a list of sats that has the hot Freq and SR for the regular KU sats. You will have to be about right on to get the sat you were talking about and I doubt much will scan in anyway(EDIT you might get a lot to scan in where you are located so I shouldn't say that but I think most is CBAND on that sat not KU).
Also make sure your motor set up is correct should be: motor on, lnb power on,USAL on (if using that).
High level low q sounds like you are pointing to a DBS sat I might bet 119 but that is just a guess.
More will chime in I am at work and trying to do this from memory on a Friday afternoon :)
Good Luck

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)