Help with LNBs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shredder83

Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Canada
Hey Guys.

I live up in Canada, but pay for Dish Network through Dish, no broker.

I am getting low readings on 129 (Due more to the values being lower for the VIP211 receiver). I want to use a 36" dish to help bring the signal in better, but I have never seen a dish that big that uses the D-style LNBs.

I currently use a Dish Pro Plus Twin for 110 and 119 and am wondering if I can connect a FTA-type LNB to this. If I need to change things to something else I am OK with that. Anything for good TV over what we get in Canada.

Hope someone can help me,
Thanks,
Shredder83

Sorry I should have mentioned that. The arm on the 36" dish is rectangular so I can't use a standard D-Shaped Dish LNB. I tried fashioning a Y-yoke on to the end, but I don't think the LNB is aimed at the center of the dish, so I still don't get real good quality.

Thanks,
Shredder83

You can use a y adapter on a 500 dish with just 1 lnb on it, so I don't see why you can't use that on the 36", you just have to aim it off center a little.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all earlier.

I picked up a Aspen FTA LNB, but the 211K receiver won't see it. Tried it with a SW21. No go either.

As I say my main issue is for 129. I get really low values, mainly due to the fact that Dish has dropped the strength numbers by a fair bit with this receiver. If I use my Bell 3100 receiver, I get much higher values. I wish there was a way I could boost the signal coming into the receiver, but I don't think that is possible.

I do have a 1000.2 dish also, but can't seem to get good quality on all 3 with that. Figured it would be easier with 2 dishes.

Oh well, I'll keep fighting with it.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all earlier.

I picked up a Aspen FTA LNB, but the 211K receiver won't see it. Tried it with a SW21. No go either.

As I say my main issue is for 129. I get really low values, mainly due to the fact that Dish has dropped the strength numbers by a fair bit with this receiver. If I use my Bell 3100 receiver, I get much higher values. I wish there was a way I could boost the signal coming into the receiver, but I don't think that is possible.

I do have a 1000.2 dish also, but can't seem to get good quality on all 3 with that. Figured it would be easier with 2 dishes.

Oh well, I'll keep fighting with it.

Thanks for the help

I use dishes that size w/ single DP LNBF's. I just epoxy the back of the feed of the LNB to the yoke of the dish. That works great. BTW I have taken the plastic case off the LNB to do what I just mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts