Help with LNBs

shredder83

Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Canada
Hey Guys.

I live up in Canada, but pay for Dish Network through Dish, no broker.

I am getting low readings on 129 (Due more to the values being lower for the VIP211 receiver). I want to use a 36" dish to help bring the signal in better, but I have never seen a dish that big that uses the D-style LNBs.

I currently use a Dish Pro Plus Twin for 110 and 119 and am wondering if I can connect a FTA-type LNB to this. If I need to change things to something else I am OK with that. Anything for good TV over what we get in Canada.

Hope someone can help me,
Thanks,
Shredder83

Sorry I should have mentioned that. The arm on the 36" dish is rectangular so I can't use a standard D-Shaped Dish LNB. I tried fashioning a Y-yoke on to the end, but I don't think the LNB is aimed at the center of the dish, so I still don't get real good quality.

Thanks,
Shredder83

You can use a y adapter on a 500 dish with just 1 lnb on it, so I don't see why you can't use that on the 36", you just have to aim it off center a little.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all earlier.

I picked up a Aspen FTA LNB, but the 211K receiver won't see it. Tried it with a SW21. No go either.

As I say my main issue is for 129. I get really low values, mainly due to the fact that Dish has dropped the strength numbers by a fair bit with this receiver. If I use my Bell 3100 receiver, I get much higher values. I wish there was a way I could boost the signal coming into the receiver, but I don't think that is possible.

I do have a 1000.2 dish also, but can't seem to get good quality on all 3 with that. Figured it would be easier with 2 dishes.

Oh well, I'll keep fighting with it.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all earlier.

I picked up a Aspen FTA LNB, but the 211K receiver won't see it. Tried it with a SW21. No go either.

As I say my main issue is for 129. I get really low values, mainly due to the fact that Dish has dropped the strength numbers by a fair bit with this receiver. If I use my Bell 3100 receiver, I get much higher values. I wish there was a way I could boost the signal coming into the receiver, but I don't think that is possible.

I do have a 1000.2 dish also, but can't seem to get good quality on all 3 with that. Figured it would be easier with 2 dishes.

Oh well, I'll keep fighting with it.

Thanks for the help

I use dishes that size w/ single DP LNBF's. I just epoxy the back of the feed of the LNB to the yoke of the dish. That works great. BTW I have taken the plastic case off the LNB to do what I just mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts