Help with locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msherr2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Lake View, NY
I'm in the Buffalo area. Everything was working great but now I am only picking up my local HD feed. My 2 SD boxes are not getting locals at all and my HD box is only picking up the hd feed. I have reset all the boxes - no luck. Anyone have this happen before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

I'm in the Buffalo area. Everything was working great but now I am only picking up my local HD feed. My 2 SD boxes are not getting locals at all and my HD box is only picking up the hd feed. I have reset all the boxes - no luck. Anyone have this happen before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

Do you need an additional satellite to get your locals? if you do then you have the 72.5 satellite. D* is in the process of moving some locals off of that satellite. Not sure if Buffalo is one of those or not. If it is, you can call D* and get all your SD receivers upgraded to HD receivers at no cost. If you don't use the 72.5, I would make sure your lines coming into your house all have good connections. If one is loose it will cause you to lose channels.

I started with Directv in January. I've only had 1 dish. Everything was working fine
until about a week ago.
I'll try checking the connections again.

Could someone please tell me how many wires I should have coming from
my dish? I have the choice HD pack and locals. I'm starting to think that the installer
used my old dish network dish for my locals. When I took down my old dishes
I think that's when I lost my SD locals. Could this be possible?

Thanks for any input!

Please describe exactly what dish you have and whether you use a multiswitch. Also, what receiver models do you have?

From your description, I think you should have a version of the Slimline dish.

I have a slimline dish-
HD DVR HR - 22
Standard D12
DVR R22
Not sure if I have a multiswitch - the line coming into my house is
connected to a little black splitter that connects to my 3 tvs.

Thanks!

Okay, you said THE line into the house, which implies that you have the SWMLine dish. Now tune to chs 480-483 to verify reception on 99 and 103 sats. Chs 490-494 verify reception of 101, 119, and 110. Also, check the signal strengths for all TPs on all sats.

You dish could be misaligned. Oh yeah, make sure you have the correct dish selected in guided setup.

Thanks for the help - How do I know if I have the correct dish in the guided set-up?
Sorry but I don't know very much about all this!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)