Help with logical path from my 721 to a HD DVR?

Boostaddict

Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
I have had my dish 721 receiver for several years now (picked it up off fleabay) with few problems (I love the dvr). I have whatever dish/lnb setup came bundled with the 721. I think its time to take the step to HD, as I’m sick of watching this SD programming on my hdtv and the 721 is acting flakey lately. My main reasons for going with the 721 originally included:
-Dual tuner (only 1 tv so I can watch/record at the same time)
-DVR (obviously)
-No monthly fees at all (I bought it outright and I have no home phone)

It sounds like the 622 is the current hot ticket. However, not having a phone line and only having one tv makes me concerned about monthly fees. Any other options that I should be hunting for deals on (other than calling up E* and asking for the 622 upgrade? What tacked-on monthly fees would I be in for with a 622 and the most basic HD package? I'm spoiled with my ~ $35 monthly bill I have now (basic + locals)...

If you have high speed internet access you don't have to worry about phone line fees. Dish has started using the internet to replace phone lines. The best place to find information on cost is the internet Dish.com, no rep to give you give you wrong information. You should be able to see upgrade deals too. the hot receiver now is the VIP-722 with 500 meg Hard Drive.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)