News for San Diego OTA listings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
I posted on a thread about OTA listings about Fox in San Diego only showing up as "digital service" but I got no responses so I called Dish.

The woman that took the call was nice and pretty well informed but couldn't help me and checked to find that there hadn't been any prior reports about our station.

Now a few days later Dish tech support called me!! A nice woman wanted to walk me through some steps to try and get the listings to show in my guide. She was clear and direct and we tried adding the channel manually and actually used the diagnostic screens to see the results.

The final result was that we couldn't get it fixed BUT she said a boss would actually call the station in San Diego and check into some settings or other on their OTA signal that is not set so Dish can match it to a guide listing.

The Dish folk (at tech support anyway) are doing good work, at least in my experience lately.

Our local FOX station made a change recently on their end with some sort of "TSID" number (???) that Dish wasn't matching up with. Apparently the station was in error so Dish did nothing on their end to compensate other than calling the station to find out what was going on. Eventually (just a couple days ago) the station put it back how it was and we now get program listings instead of "Digital Service".

Ironic that it's your FOX station too.... Over at either DBSTalk or AVS, the same thing happened with a FOX station in Minnesota too !

I think I detect Rupert Murdock at work. A couple of years ago in LA there was some "unpleasantness" when Rupert owned the Dodgers and one local cable company but the contract to show local games was with the other company. Sadly almost a whole season passed with no televised games.

The man isn't shy about playing hardball. You don't suppose Rupert and Charlie can't come to an agreement about the new Fox cable business channel and this OTA "foul up" is like "The Godfathers" racehorse head on the guys bed in the morning do you? Is he making Charlie an offer he can't refuse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)