Help with MP3 Editor

angmarti

Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Appreciate any suggestions / recommendations / comments in reference to a MP3 editor to clean up intros and outros.

Thanks, A.

:)

angmarti said:
Appreciate any suggestions / recommendations / comments in reference to a MP3 editor to clean up intros and outros.

Thanks, A.

:)

My first thought is that its not worth it to edit all those files... however, I am using a program a bought a long time ago. Its called cool edit. Its basically simple editor, allowing for selecting pieces, deleting and fad in and fade out.

Its not available anymore from what I can see in the current format it uses. There is a newer version that I never bothered to pay to upgrade to because this handles all my basic needs.

Hope this helps. My other suggestion would be to continue to play with the timing of the tracks and so on so they are better times and queued.

What are you exeriencing in the 'intros' and 'outros' that needs to be cleaned up? (just wondering)

Thanks for the reply. The intros are some times cut, with recording starting a few seconds after the song has started. The "outros" contain a few seconds of the next songs, or commentaries.

I've tried "MP3 Magic" and works OK, but needs I only found it bundled with Replay-Video / Audio.

I'll look for cool-edit. Thanks

i have has good luck w/ audacity. its a sourceforge project

audacity.sourceforge.net

angmarti said:
Thanks for the reply. The intros are some times cut, with recording starting a few seconds after the song has started. The "outros" contain a few seconds of the next songs, or commentaries.
I've tried "MP3 Magic" and works OK, but needs I only found it bundled with Replay-Video / Audio.
I'll look for cool-edit. Thanks

You won't find it. The company that did is (Syntrillium) was purchased by Adobe, and the line of products was folded into Adobe Audition. Audition is essentially Syntrillium's 'Pro' product and it's pretty good.

If you decide to spend the money on Audition I don't think you'll be sorry, but there are lower cost options that should make you happy too. One message pointed out Audacity which is pretty good and there are others. A google search will point out more than you would have imagined.

Audicity's editor

Thanks for the info. I've been using Audicity for the last few days and it works great. It is a free program, but has execellent functionality and support!!!!

Thanks again for the tip .:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)