Help with my Pansat 6000HXC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

egrichards

Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Pearland, TX
It appears that the HDD on my receiver has crashed. I've got a 'new' one on the way (HDD) but since I can't read anything off of the old one....

Does anyone have the formatting and directory information for the drive... Or can I just pop it in the handy-dandy-plastic-printed-circuit-board with the USB connector on it and the receiver take care of the rest?

If you dont mind me asking where did you get the hard drive from?

I have a 6000 but it came with no hard drive

I bought this unit shortly after they came out (and after I read your review of it... I think). There is a HDD behind the little fold down door on the front right side of the unit.

The drive that is in the 'holder' is a Samsung 60GB, 2.5", ATA-100. I took it out of the reciever and used the two-legged USB cable that came with it. My computer would recognize it but would lockup until I disconnected it. I then disassembled it from its holder and used a USB HDD adapter i've got. The drive would spin up, but that's all that would happen.

I've got a replacment, reconditioned drive on the way that I found on ebay. The PANSAT instructions say to copy the BIN file to the appropriate directory (which I saw somewhere else is the 'FIRMWARE' directory). The real question is what other directories need to be created on the drive... or is all of that "automatic"? (I was going to also assume that the drive needed to be formatted FAT32)

I bought this unit shortly after they came out (and after I read your review of it... I think). There is a HDD behind the little fold down door on the front right side of the unit.
I sold my original one (the one I reviewed) and recently found one at a goodwill store that worked fine but no hard drive in it :)

The drive that is in the 'holder' is a Samsung 60GB, 2.5", ATA-100. I took it out of the reciever and used the two-legged USB cable that came with it.
good to know

I've got a replacment, reconditioned drive on the way that I found on ebay. The PANSAT instructions say to copy the BIN file to the appropriate directory (which I saw somewhere else is the 'FIRMWARE' directory). The real question is what other directories need to be created on the drive... or is all of that "automatic"? (I was going to also assume that the drive needed to be formatted FAT32)
unknown honestly. I thought in the menus there was a format option?

I'm not getting any video out of the unit at all. I appear to have larger problems than I thought. grrrr... I was working under the assumption that if the HDD was not working (and possibly missing) the unit would not work. But, since your's appears to function without the HDD....

On a side note. We haven't used the unit much in the last year when we got HD on our DishNetork and 3ABN was in the channel rotation. Then last week 3ABN wasn't working on Dish and I went to switch over and... nothing... so it quit working in the last couple of weeks. (I had tested it a couple of weeks ago when I changed the connection to the home theatre system)

Sounds like a 'trip' to the FTA store is in my future...

yeah it will work fine without the HDD in it. I can still use PIP but cant record or do anything of the nature without the hard drive ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)