Help with my pansat250sm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I have a pansat 250 sm and had moderate sucess finding satellites so I desided to buy a motor, a microyal H2HI didn' manage to hit my south satellite which I was told would be sbs6 so I played around and manuall got galaxy 25 and others, so I believe the elevation is right, So now my problem is to get the dish motor moving automatically when I change channels. The reciever says that the dish is moving but it dosen't.
can any body help me ?
Thanks.

I have the wire from the reciever going to the reciever connection on the motor and the wire from the lnb to the lnb conection on the motor. I can watch the satellites if I move the dish from the control on the motor itself.

Have you switched either USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 on in your satellite setup menu? If you're using USALS, enter your latitude and longitude for each satellite, and the motor should move when you select each satellite.

Thanks Tron I havent tried usals because the motor saya it works with Goto X and DISEqC 1.2
So I assumed that since nothing was said about usals that this wouldn't workand the only Goto in the menu is goto reference and it sends the motor back to the south position.should I manually find the satellites and then save thier positions with the usals ? Thanks for your help

Your motor will work with USALS, its a function of the receiver. Try using USALS to aim your dish, just enter your latitude and longitude, select a satellite close to due south of you, and let the motor move to it. From there, peak your dish and motor assembly.

Tron Thank you for your help I have been playing with the motor and dish and now have it moving automatically but I still need to get my south satellite , It it dark and cold here now so I will quit playing for today then take tv, reciever and meter outside tomorrow to get the south satellite, I can smell sucess around the corner.
Now why couldn't the people I bought my system from tell me this.
Thanks again!!!!!!!

Glad you got it working! When you go to peak your dish, just let the motor move to a satellite close to your south (doesn't have to be your true south satellite), and once the motor moves there, peak the dish :)

Sucess

Tron, Thanks for your advice and help, My system is working great and I have 6 satellites programed in and now I am just playing around getting the channels set up, My wife gets mad when I play with it She is scared I will lose the RTN programing. This stuff is great Thanks again for the help. I will probably need more help understanding definitions but this site is great, reading other peoples problems sometimes answers mine.

Thanks Tron I havent tried usals because the motor saya it works with Goto X and DISEqC 1.2
So I assumed that since nothing was said about usals that this wouldn't workand the only Goto in the menu is goto reference and it sends the motor back to the south position.should I manually find the satellites and then save thier positions with the usals ? Thanks for your help
fwiw - GotoX is the "generic" name for USALS

Status
Please reply by conversation.