help with openbox(sathawk) receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

intrepid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Western NC
My openbox locked up after scanning in 4 channels on AMC 3 when I pressed the vformat button. It shows a screen "no osd show, press v.format key to switch." I can't get my menu button to work, but after pressing the v format key several times it goes the the menu. I reset everything to factory reset, but can't get rid of the "no osd show, press v. format key to switch screen, and can't recan any channels back. It's like the unit is locked up. Any suggestions, thanks.

the "no osd show" issue is unless you are using the HDMI cables you are stuck on NTSC 480i output. If its on any other format you will see that screen if using component or composite out

just press v format a few times to get to 480i and then you can see the menus.....or if you have access to a HDMI connection use that

I still can't use the menu button to call up the menu screen . I have a screen which has the Sathawk logo on it with the message about the osd and pressing the vformat. I can access the menu by pressing the vformat button and have tried to rescan my sat, but no signals.

you have to press the v format button until that message disappears

Then you should be able to press Menu to see the menu options

Thanks, Iceberg. We are now scanning a sat and getting a signal...Hope we can succeed. Once again, thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts