Help with OTA Setup

TLuck234

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hi, this is my first post and I'm coming for a little help. I have a DISH VIP622 and a VIP222. Both are running second rooms off of them. I currently have my OTA setup to work only on the 222.

The setup goes like this. I have my antenna hooked up to a preamplfier due to a long cable run from my antenna to my house. The cable then goes into a combiner which combines the UHF from the 222 and the antenna into one cable. Then that is diplexed into the UHF port on the diplexer with the sat feed which goes to the receiver. These are then split at the receiver in order for it to work.

The next thing I want to do is make it where I can watch local channels on all 4 tvs. Currently I am only getting one. You can view locals on the second tv of the 222 but it is fuzzy and I believe it is coming through the combiner. I want to get a 4 way distribution amp and use that. I know how to do it for the recievers, but how can i get the signal clear to the second tv's?

Thanks

I did some research on my problem and I have figured it out. I used some materials I have now and another antenna in order to see if it would work. The attatched diagram explains the setup.

1grolw.gif

This is how it basically goes.

The OTA signal goes through a 1x4 amplifier. This is then combined into the UHF signal of the TV2. This goes into the UHF port on the diplexer along with the SAT connection. This goes to the receiver where it is diplexed out into the two feeds. The SAT goes into the splitter for the dual tuner. The UHF signal is then split. One goes to OTA and one goes to the TV2 output. Now for the second tv to get local channels. You need to combine one of the outputs from the aplifier into that. The diagram shows it a lot easier than words. Also, splitters and combiners are the same thing. They can be used either way. I have not tested this out completely, but with what I have tested, it looks like it will work. If anyone sees any problem with it let me know. I will let you know how it goes when I receive the items I ordered.

Man, that's one horrendously ugly setup. I'm surprised it worked as many connections you have. I think that's why there are satellite multi-switches with an OTA antenna input.

Unfortunately, none of the OTA passing multi-switches that I am aware of work with Dish DPP technology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)