help with Pansat 3500sd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pgrinolds

Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Hi,
I am new here, this is my first post. I just set up a new FTA system, I have the Pansat 3500SD, Fortec star 90cm dish and motor. The installation has gone well and everything works well. Thanks to all of you I have been able to overcome most problems.
I am stumped on one thing, I am using the composite video and audio outputs on the Pansat to my A/V receiver and would like to feed the rest of the house using the coax TV out connector, but I can't get any signal from there. I have tried switching back and forth Chanel 3 or 4 on the back of the receiver and also on the menu screen. I have gone directly from the coax TV out to a TV set to channel 3 or 4 (bypassing the coax network) all to no avail. According to the diagram in the owners manual I am doing everything right. Any Ideas?
I am in Minneapolis MN, (Golden Valley) Hi Ice, we must be neighbors.

Thanks for all your help,
PG

That connector is just a Pass-thru connector for an outdoor tv antenna, not a way to pass the Sat signal to other tv's. If you connect an outdoor VHF/UHF tv antenna to the Ant. In connector and then a coax cable from the TV-Out connector to your TV's Coax connector (ANT IN), you can then switch between the outside antenna and your sat receiver from the remote (tv/sat button ) to get either over the air channels or sat tv channels. ( you'll have to use your tv's remote to actually change the over the air channels, unless your tv is listed in the Pansat Owner's Manual as one of the TV's the remote can control, then you can, select TV from the row of 4 buttons below the number buttons and control the tv)
grusome

There are four 75ohm coax ports on the back. One for IF input, one for IF output. There is also an ANT IN for OTA antenna and a RF Output which would be your channel 3 or four.

Make sure you have connected to the correct one. If I remember correctly, they are all four in a cluster to one side and it is easy to get the wrong one.

pgrinolds said:
I am stumped on one thing, I am using the composite video and audio outputs on the Pansat to my A/V receiver and would like to feed the rest of the house using the coax TV out connector, but I can't get any signal from there. I have tried switching back and forth Chanel 3 or 4 on the back of the receiver and also on the menu screen. I have gone directly from the coax TV out to a TV set to channel 3 or 4 (bypassing the coax network) all to no avail. According to the diagram in the owners manual I am doing everything right. Any Ideas?

You are using the correct output "TV Out", so the only thing I can think of is to check that the coax cable you plugging into it has a long copper centre wire (if too short it might not make a connection).

follow up

I have the receiver hooked up properly thaqt has been checked several times.The guy at freetoairdish .com said to try and power off the unit on the back, I tried that, it didn't work. The guy at Pansat said to send it in (Under warranty) it's not working properly. Bummer! How am I going to tell the wife she can't watch RTN for the next couple weeks?

Thanks
PG

Maybe you could buy a used receiver to tide you over until your Panshat is fixed!

Do they make a connector that will turn composite in to coax? I think I remember seeing those types of converters at the rat shack a while back... If you could get something like that + a couple of y connectors to then convert the coax to several coax lines it should be good to go?

External RF modulators, the type that converts component audio/video to VHF Ch. 3/4 can be had for less than $20. Add a couple of RCA Y-connectors, and you will be able to do what you set out to do with no downtime, no shipping expenses, and no need to explain anything to the missus

... or you could use this as an excuse to order a nifty multi-channel UHF modulator. The Channel Plus brand seems to get good reviews. I can't vouch for them personally except to say I am anxiously waiting delivery of a 5445.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Before and After angle shots

Fuzzy PBS HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)