Help with pricing and HDDVR question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
My dad is gonna jump to Directv from Comcast and since I have not had them for a bit, need a few reminders.

It looks like they have really good deals on programming right now, but my main question is the DVR's.

He would be wanting TWO HDDVR's

1) Do they give HR22's or HR23's now? (either is fine, just needs the 50 hours)

2) What is the xtra monthly cost for a 2nd HDDVR

3) How much would the install be with TWO HDDVR's? (xtra $199?)

TIA

I just went online Yesterday just to price out what D* would cost.
It looks like for 2 HD DVR's you get the first one free and the 2nd one is $169-199 depending on if he gets it through D* or Best buy. Then Its only $5 extra per month for each receiver past the First. But He will Also have to pay a $6 DVR fee and a $10 HD Access fee, for Every account that has HD DVR's Leased.
As Far as DVRs they claim they are atleast 50 Hours. So I'd say as long as he didn't get stuck with a HR 21 he would be in good shape.

According to D* agreements page
If you lease HD DVRs you Must Maintain HD Access and DVR service for you lease term of 24 months. Those are per month fee's. Not 1 time fees.
( DVR service activation ($6/mo.) required for DVR leases; HD Access fee ($10/mo.) required for HD Receiver leases; and, both DVR service and HD Access fee payment required for HD DVR leases. )

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/legal/equipment_lease_addendum

Here's more.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100106

Last edited:
I guess what I meant is a single per month.

Pay to lease EACH dvr per month
HD access fee and dvr fee as one charge per month

Meaning there is a lease fee for EACH dvr, but the DVR fee is not times two.

You only pay for the second and successive boxes. The fee on the first box is included in the programming price.
No. You pay the HD Access fee per account and the DVR fee per account. Over and above the package price he pays a DVR fee, an HD Access fee and ONE receiver lease fee.

You should give the DIRECTV website a shot at figuring out the monthly costs as Hemi has done.

Who knows what HD DVRs your dad would get from DIRECTV. It depends on what the installer has on the truck. He could get HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23. No matter what the CSR on the phone says about getting new DVRs or getting a specific model HD DVR you'll get whatever the installer has laying around.

if you get lucky like I did, you can get a hr22, and r22 (I had 2 r22's) and with new firmware on the r22, turn it into hd dvr :)

I guess what I meant is a single per month.

HD access fee and dvr fee as one charge per month

Elway

Here is the pricing that your dad would see per month.

1st Receiver lease Free
2nd Receiver lease $5
DVR Fee (once per account) $6
HD Fee (once per account) $10

I also depends on the package he gets as some of them already have the DVR and HD fees included in the pricing.

Last edited:
DVR Fee (once per account) $6
HD Fee (once per account) $10

Thats Per month Unless you subscribe to:
Choice Extra With DVR is $66
Choice HD DVR is $76
These are the only base pack that include such services But still don't include addtional receiver fees.

Family $29.99
Choice $55.99
Choice Extra $60.99
Premium $109.99
Do Not include DVR or HD or addtional receiver fees.
HD Extra Pack is still $4.99 per month for ALL packages with HD Access.

Hemi, I listed what was expected to be seen on the bill per month. If you also look I said it depends on what package they were to get as some of them have the DVR and HD fees included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)