help with Progdvb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Hi, Im having some problems with progdvb, I use progdvb to get fta channels, I receive the channels but when I play them they freeze and glitch alot, Some channels dont even open and progdvb closes by itself. I need help. I need some configurations.

I have a twinhan 102g card,
31" dish
fortec star universal Ku band LNB
1Ghz proccesor pc,
NO graphic card,

"Do you think a graphic card would help"

help please

No, Its just clear FTA, Im using progdvb, are there any plugins that would make my twinhan 102g, not use all of my CPU and almost all of my RAM.

I have seen that when I open Task manager All of my CPU is being Used by Progdvb.

I have 1ghz cpu

256 mb Ram

I need help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

ProgDVB and Twinhan

You must use the correct filter graph otherwise you will get the blocky pictures. Also I 1ghz does not have enough horsepower unless you have everything else off. I do not even use my 1020A since I got my Nexus -S. Flawless performance and less than 5% CPU power usage.

MrM

Nexus -S with 4:2:2 and HD

Will the Nexus -S do 4:2:2 and HD? Also how does it compare to the 1020 A in terms of price and minimum computer requirements?

9999 said:
Will the Nexus -S do 4:2:2 and HD? Also how does it compare to the 1020 A in terms of price and minimum computer requirements?

The hardware decoder on the nexus will do neither 4:2:2 SD nor HD and will not do 4:2:0 HD either. It's only good for 4:2:0 SD and most any semi-modern computer can handle that just fine in software. Having said that it's possible to use the nexus for signals that are 4:2:2 and/or HD with the right software but when you do so the nexus is just functioning as a tuner only just the same way as any of the other cards which don't have an onboard decoder, like the twinhan cards. So, basically in any modern system the hardware decoder on the Nexus card is useless and only serves to make the card cost more, use more power, and run hotter. Basically as a rule of thumb if you have a computer that's too slow to play regular DVDs (500Mhz Pentium II or less) then you might need the Nexus card. Otherwise youd be better off going with something else and spending the extra money on other parts of your system (like maybe getting a bigger dish). Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter. Others may disagree.

Last edited:
I don't disagree, you hit the nail on the head. I had a nexus for a year or so, its a fine card but its overkill unless you are using a real low end computer and need a card that will take the load off the machine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)