Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
hi guys

here in nj and yesterday i finally installed a 7 footer dish in my backyard pointing to int 805 @ 55.5 west i got signal quality about 44 to 50 but some times breaks and after that i tried with pansat and viewsat but were worse
so i want there if i need to work on the focal distance because i moved good side to side and up and down but same results or maybe other type of receiver. or i need a bigger dish?

thank u for your help. :):):)

well the lnb it cames with the dish but the dish from skyvision and the receiver that i try is fortec mercury II ,but do u think with traxis receiver maybe will work better the Quality signal. or dish i need a bigger.

thank u

well i pointing the dish (7 ft ) to intel 805 @ 55.5 or maybe if i try with other fta receiver maybe the traxis will work better i did tried with viewsat and pansat .

oh sorry yes this is in all channels just the quality is 44 to 50 but if i can get more will be good or i need a big this.

thank u

well no skew in the dish, just side to side and up & down to get the signal.

if your skew is not right, it can make ALL the diffrence
use an old cband receiver to adjust ur skew

The dish will specify the focal distance in inches from the center of the dish to 1/4 inch inside the feedhorn or lnbf. Also measure from the edge of the scalar ring to the edge of the dish and be sure your measurements are exactly equal. Measure up down and sideways 3 points to be sure your feed is centered. If you are here in the USA, intelsat 805 has some weak transponders. There is a couple that just comes in on my 10' dish that is well tuned with a good line of sight. A couple of those tp's are just above the threshold of digital breakup or macroblocking.

Hi again my lnb doesn't have a blue box just a regular c-band lnb
If it's a voltage controlled LNBF (LNB + feedhorn, voltage controlled), then you may need to twist it slightly clockwise or counterclockwise, to improve your signal.

If you could post a few pictures of the dish, and several of your LNBf, that would help a lot.

Everything has to be in adjustment. Mainly the feed centered on the dish and f/d or focal distance. After all that is correct adjust the dish itself for the best signal. After you got the best signal go back and re adjust the skew and focal distance of the lnbf. Take your receiver outside with a tv and pull up the signal meter so you can watch the signal quality

well truckracer tha's really works better because my c band lnb was about 251/4 inches but I put a 1" away and really works better, i did a little modification and works better now ( i have now up to 48-50, b4 was 38-40) but i will try to make the focal around 28 to 20 and i let u know if quality improved better.

thank u for ur advise.

sorry my mistake about the f/d will be aroun 271/2 to 29 and i let u know how much quality i get.

thank u verry much

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts