help with r15 set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

senorgregster

Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
All,

I will be a proud owner of an R15 on Monday :D . I have what I hope is a quick question but I think it may not be. I want to use the R15 in one room and a standard receiver in another room. From the R15 manual I see that it requires two satellite inputs from the dish. Does this mean I need a dish with three outputs? What do I lose if I only use one input to the R15?

Thanks for your time,

Greg

p.s. I called DIRECTV about this and they asked me what an R15 was!

You don't need two, but it's recommended. The only thing you will lose is the ability to record two shows at the same time and the ability to watch one "live" show and record another. If you want this functionallity, call DirecTV to get an installer to come to your house. $49.

So, you only had the one receiver prior to this?

You don't need a dish with three outputs, but it will need to have at least two.
You'll also need a multi-switch to connect both receivers to the dish.

The two coax runs to the R15 are more than worth it. Ever have a VCR setup that wouldn't allow you to watch something else when you were recording a program? That's what you'll have with only one sat feed. (I guess you'll be able to watch programs already recorded on the R15.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts