Help with remote and new soundbar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2006
NC
Just got a Yamaha YSP-900 Soundbar for the bedroom, but can't find a code for the D* remote (RC64R) that will work.
Anyone get their D* remote working with it? I am not apposed to buying the latest D* remote if there is a newer one, but don't need or want a harmony or any other remote that is not specifically made for and laid out like the original D* remote.
Also is this something that D* can add via software through the receiver that somehow talks back to the remote (sounds dumb after typing it) ? :eek:
Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

With yamahas use of two-key power scheme you will not find a single code that works both the on & off of the yamaha.

And the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code programmed to the tv device. Once done, the volume keys now work the tv instead of the audio receier, but that can be fixed.

with these limitations, it could seem that none of the codes work. I suggest doing a codesearch, with yamaha on and muted, then search by volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1
4. enter 3
5. press and release VOLUME UP
6. poiunt the remote at the stereo and keep pressing & releasing CH UP, if and when the volume changes
7. press SELECT to lock in code

With a tv code programmed to the tv device, to get the yamaha volume in just one device do the following:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOLUME DOWN

If you want the Yamaha volume in ALL devices do the following instead:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Thanks a lot. I got the volume working I'll have to play with the settings and see if I can make it turn on and off automatically when it senses audio. Using more than one remote in the bedroom is a drag.
Thanks again, this gets me 95% where I want to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts