This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help with Satellite placement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

umrebelfan

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Mississippi
Hello,

I have DirectTV (through my AT&T) coming Saturday to install. Problem is that my landlord says I cannot attach anything to the house. What do I do??? Thanks

to Satelliteguys umrebelfan!

You may be SOL if your landlord doesn't want a dish attached to the house, but the installer may be able to mount to a pole in the ground. Would that be acceptable to your landlord?

Some are prepared for a pole install, but it's prudent to let them know your situation.

A pole mount is "NOT FREE" about $75 you can work with the installer on that - also HE does need a clear line of sight and to bury the wire if needed the first 20' is free and longer than that it's a dollar a foot - but you can ask him not to do it and just leave it for you to do -latter.

Pole installs are sometimes free, it depends upon the installer and whether or not there is any other options to install the dish.

Reactions: stardust3
This is questionable, as many would rather place a pole than lose the job, seeing they get paid by the job ...
Often times it is free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.