Help with "Signal not found error"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goondog71

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Massachusetts
I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before. I currently have the old round dish and I recently installed a multiswitch so that I could get a DVR ( I got the R15). Since I did this random transponders seems to loose singnal. I first thought it was the DVR but I have switched it out and still had the issue. Which is I get the "signal not found" messages intermitently. The tuner is not the same each time either. I never had this issue with my RCA receivers and now when I get the issue on the DVR my other RCA receiver does look pixelly but does not loose signal.

Is this the dish, the multiswitch or just the new cables?

Anyone have any thoughts.

Thanks,
Jay

goondog71 said:
I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before. I currently have the old round dish and I recently installed a multiswitch so that I could get a DVR ( I got the R15). Since I did this random transponders seems to loose singnal. I first thought it was the DVR but I have switched it out and still had the issue. Which is I get the "signal not found" messages intermitently. The tuner is not the same each time either. I never had this issue with my RCA receivers and now when I get the issue on the DVR my other RCA receiver does look pixelly but does not loose signal.

Is this the dish, the multiswitch or just the new cables?

Anyone have any thoughts.

Thanks,
Jay

It sounds like the multi switch, but I would first do some troubleshooting.

I would first check the cables by splicing the 2 leads from the dish to the leads from the dvr and see what happens(use barrel adapters) this will make sure your cables and dish are in good shape.

If everything checks out ok, then be sure your switch is the proper type.

Jim

The problem could be one of the outputs on your LNB or multi-switch. There are a few things you could do. Swap the cables going to your receviers to different outputs to see if the problem moves to another room or stays in the same place. If it moves your multi-switch may need to be replaced if it stays the same then it could be the LNB and you can test that as mentioned above. If you connect both lines to the LNB check the signal meter.

When checking your signal use transpoders 1&2 they give the overal view of all 32 and should be above 70. If one tuner is low swap the cables on the receiver and see if the problem moves if it does I would sugest getting a new LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)