help with SL3 and HR23-700 installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arkansaslady

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
ozarks
Hi We are trying to install our non SWM 3LNB Slimline dish at our camping site. We want to use our HR23 receiver from our house. It is subbed. We have a 95% signal on 101, but no channels come in. I have read and read and cannot figure it out. Does the HR23 need a B Band converter with a non SWM? We have a SWM slimline at home and it works perfectly there. For the change in dishes, do I need to change settings in the receiver? I did change the dish type to SL3. Is there something else that needs changed? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!:confused:

The HR23 does not require BBCs as it has a wide band tuner. But, you will need two lines to use dual tuners.

You will need to re-run sat setup and select the SL3 no SWM option.

You may be aimed at the wrong satellite. Probably the 119.

arkansaslady said:
Hi We are trying to install our non SWM 3LNB Slimline dish at our camping site. We want to use our HR23 receiver from our house. It is subbed. We have a 95% signal on 101, but no channels come in. I have read and read and cannot figure it out. Does the HR23 need a B Band converter with a non SWM? We have a SWM slimline at home and it works perfectly there. For the change in dishes, do I need to change settings in the receiver? I did change the dish type to SL3. Is there something else that needs changed? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!:confused:

Dish type: Slimline-3
Switch type: multiswitch

Are you using the signal meter on the Direct box or are you using a handheld meter?

What is your signal strength for the 101?

Thank you for your input.

We are using a meter and the receiver both. If you use two wires for the 2 tuners, where do you hook them to the receiver? We have the setting for SL3 and multtiswitch. We have a 101 signal at 95%. But, we do not have hardly any signal on the other sats. Is it just the matter of siteing in the dish? Thank you for your help!

arkansaslady said:
We are using a meter and the receiver both. If you use two wires for the 2 tuners, where do you hook them to the receiver? We have the setting for SL3 and multtiswitch. We have a 101 signal at 95%. But, we do not have hardly any signal on the other sats. Is it just the matter of siteing in the dish? Thank you for your help!

On the back of the receiver it says:
Tuner 1 (SWM)
& Tuner 2
The 2 wires go in each of the tuners.

If your getting signal on the 101 but not the others then you skew/tilt is off.

What is your tilt set on? ( it's located on the top of the back assembly of the dish. There is set of numbers in circular pattern. Not the set of numbers on the side of the back assembly.)

What is the location of your camper?

Ok, so on the LNB, where do you hook the two wires? Does it matter?

Went to Walmart and bought two new RG6 cables. Just need to know where to hook them on the LNB. The camper is on our lot at the lake. We are not even changing zip codes, so we are using the same settings for elevation, azimuth, as our house does.

arkansaslady said:
Went to Walmart and bought two new RG6 cables. Just need to know where to hook them on the LNB. The camper is on our lot at the lake. We are not even changing zip codes, so we are using the same settings for elevation, azimuth, as our house does.

Hook to any of the 4 ports on lnb and run then straight to the back of the box. (don't forget to run it through b band converters)

Would the 101 show signal if it wasn't on the 101 ?

"We have a 95% signal on 101"

I would try running the set up sat again and make sure the change too effect.
You can also look in the info and see what dish set up it is seeing at the moment.

Now, earlier in these posts, someone said that we do not need B Band converters.

Thank you all, we will try it again today. But, is it correct that we do not need B Band converters because it is a HR23 receiver and they are built in? We soooo appreciate your help, guys! Thank you soooo much!

Thank you all sooo much! We got ur done today!! We peaked the signals alittle and hooked up the two new wires, and Whala! TV at last!! thank you sooooo much!! You guys are the bomb!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts