Help with Superdish

cdcdawg

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I am thinking of using a DP+ lnb on a superdish. The lnb does not seem to be pointing to the center of the dish, it points at the top. These dishes have a longer arm than the small dishes, should i use a shorter arm and, if so, does anyone sell just the arm?

I have done what you are talking about before and I found out that I needed to leave the arm that was on there.

There are several topics in this sub-forum on receiving 118.7, from using FTA dishes, making mods to the FSS LNBF on a SuperDish 121 and SuperDish 105, as well as using a Dish 500+ LNBF Cluster on a SuperDish.

The first post of the following thread has an attachment which includes instructions for making a Dish 500+ LNBF work on a SuperDish.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/69127-convert-superdish-dishplus-dish.html

However, the SuperDish Repoint Kit is now available through retailers for about $99. It has been reported that no modifications are needed, you remove the SuperDish LNBF Cluster and replace it with the Repoint Kit Cluster, and then just repeak the antenna. It also comes with a bracket so that you can take your DP Dual LNBF from the SuperDish and had it so that you then have a Dish 1000+. But then you will need a DPP44 instead of a DP34 to get all 4 sat positions (119/110/129/118.7).

Hopefully you did not already go out and buy a Dish 500+ LNBF cluster, or can exchange it for the correct Repoint Kit (or Conversion Kit).:)

EDIT:
I am thinking of using a DP+ lnb on a superdish.
Taking a second glance at your post, I had thought that you were talking about a Dish 500+ LNBF and answered appropriately. However, I now think that you may be trying to take a DishPro Plus Twin LNBF and use it with the SuperDish. If so, I don't remember ever seeing any discussion of such in this sub-forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts