Help with turning pole mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I just installed a pole mount for a 4ft ku dish and once the cement cured i noticed that the pole is turning.Is there anyway i can fix this or will i have to dig up the cement and set another pole.Is there any way to stop the pole from turning?

well, one way I can think to fix it:

Can you add more cement at the top (where the pole meets the ground)?

If so, you can always place a long bolt through the pipe and cover it with cement. When it dries, it shouldn't turn anymore

That should prevent you from digging up the pole too.

Drill a hole thru the pipe and bolt a brace of some type to it. Put the other end of the brace into concrete. Prob be just as easy to dig it up tho and put a bolt thru the bottom of the pole, quickrete is pretty cheap.

I'd say dig it up. I always smash at least 2-3 inches of the pipe with a sledge. Drill multiple holes through the pipe and put bolts through it. It will never turn ;)

Sort of off topic:

Is there a standard for mast size (dia) and depth for certain dish sizes.

i.e. The 4 ft dish, what size mast and how deep must it be in the ground. How high up from the ground is the dish mounted.

I guess I am wondering it there is a chart or list that shows this for different dish sizes.

well, one way I can think to fix it:

Can you add more cement at the top (where the pole meets the ground)?

If so, you can always place a long bolt through the pipe and cover it with cement. When it dries, it shouldn't turn anymore

That should prevent you from digging up the pole too.
i will give that a try.

You can drill a hole ( say maybe 3/8 in. dia. metal drill bit ) at an angle down thru the pole. Start with your drill bit on one side of the pole and even with the top surface of the cement and like I said drill down at an angle. When your drill bit goes through the opposite side you can switch to a 3/8 in. dia. cement drill bit and drill another 3 in. or so into the cement. Then drive a 3/8 in. bolt of the appropriate length through the hole you drilled into the pole and on into the cement .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts