New dish position, new motor issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I changed the mounting area of my dish and blah blah long story short, my motor seems to have a mind of it's own. It will go to the proper position, then decide to move elsewhere, like it's getting confused and all.

Now, I did re-hook everything as before and NOTHING changed. I doublechecked every wire and made sure it was hooked up right.

So, do tell me about my HH90 and why it just decides to move on it's own. Anyone else have this problem? It does this whenever I decide to shutdown the receiver completely from this kind of maintenance.

Could there be bad connections outside?

UPDATE:

Stored Diseqc positions and bailed out of USALS mode. Seems to respond better to Diseqc 1.2

Still, I don't see why the motor loves to act up like this. Is the HH90 good with USALS?

my motor acted like that once....i had to recheck all my motor settings and reset a few but i got em mixed some USALS some 1.2

also i have to recheck it everytime i work with the channel editor both the coolsat & CM.

Yea, I don't understand it. Drives me insane after all that work on the roof. Makes me wanna get a T-90. Only thing that sux is the fact that I watch more than 8 satellites and I'm not sure a T-90 will work for me. We shall see.

i want a t-90 but heres some help get a editor and save your good info
it helps if your settings ever flake out and you have to factory reset

how many birds ???

...Makes me wanna get a T-90.
Only thing that sux is the fact that I watch more than 8 satellites and I'm not sure a T-90 will work for me.

Iceberg seems to have LNBs on all the following satellites with his T-90...

Will the factory set blow out everything including the satellites??

if this means when it flakes out , don't know... but it reset all mine mixing all the motor controls , i just reloaded my saved settings after i looked at several satellites and it never moved. uploaded saved settings and everything worked normally again.

No luck on the factory set/reload of config.

Not sure what to do now. Does the motor sense it may be off balance? I made sure everything was plumb.

Hh90

HH90 USALS works fine on my Pansat, goes completely bonkers on my CaptiveWorks.

EDIT: 10:18 PM

Finished tweaking. All is back to normal. There was yet ANOTHER sh*tty connector going to the motor from the receiver. Only thing I can't get is 123 G10 due to the temporary position of my rig.

Not in the mood to chop any more off a mango tree just for G10. That tree bears good fruit. I luckily have other ideas. So, this time, the tree survives and will not be sentenced to the chain saw.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)