Help with tv - viewing dvr w/o hookup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BiebsTV

Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I just recently moved, and until my husband and I can decide if we are going with Direct TV (again) or switch to having our internet and cable bundled, we have no satellite or cable connnection.
I do, although, have a lot of things I've yet to watch that I've recorded on one of the DVRs I moved with me. (direct tv was cancelled right before the move).

Here's the problem. While it looks like everything is in working order on the dvr (I can get to my list of recorded programs, and can click on "play" - but, from there, nothing shows on the television.

Am I forgetting a basic step? Something tells me that there's needs to be a certain "mode" or something on my Sony Trinitron (old school analog). It seems I've tried everything on the remote and nothing changes. (I would also like to record onto dvd a few things I'd like to keep before sending back my receivers.)

If feels like this should be an easy fix, but my tv tech skills are minimal compared to you guys and husband hasn't been able to figure it out.

Thanks much!!!

I've heard the box needs to see the Sat periodically or it won't play. How long has it been disconnected?

As for copying the contents to DVD, I won't say impossible but certainly extremely difficult. I imagine NSA can do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)