Help with two receivers

icecolor

Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Illinois
Hello All,

Our apartment complex provides us with dish network packages. They do not let people talk directly to Dish network. They have a central hub or something that they use to feed the signals to several apartments. So, I do not have access to the switches or dishes. They just connected the cables to wall.

I have two 301 receivers from them with the signal split between them through a normal splitter. I can watch the programs on both the TVs as long as I do not change the channel on any of the TVs.

If I change the channel, the other TV loses the signal and tries forever to acquire the signal. I checked with the Apartment management and they will not fix it.

I am thinking if I should get a DP34 or DP44 switch instead of a splitter.

Please advise.

Hello All,

Our apartment complex provides us with dish network packages. They do not let people talk directly to Dish network. They have a central hub or something that they use to feed the signals to several apartments. So, I do not have access to the switches or dishes. They just connected the cables to wall.

I have two 301 receivers from them with the signal split between them through a normal splitter. I can watch the programs on both the TVs as long as I do not change the channel on any of the TVs.

If I change the channel, the other TV loses the signal and tries forever to acquire the signal. I checked with the Apartment management and they will not fix it.

I am thinking if I should get a DP34 or DP44 switch instead of a splitter.

Please advise.

First off remove the splitter. Switches are out of the question since you cannot trunk off of them at this point with them being "locked up."

The only solution would to be sure that the apt has Dish Pro Plus equipment and get a 322 (or 222) receiver. That way you only need the 1 line to feed both TVs and watch something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts