Help with universal/standard LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joselu43

Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
florida
I am new to the forum and I have what I believe is a simple question you can help me with.
Mi old standard LNBF died and I ordered a replacement from Ebay, but they sent me an universal LNBF instead. Will it work with my receiver? Should I send it back?

Thanks in advance.

JL

What is the make and model of your receiver and lnb???

Most universal lnbs can be ran as a standard lnb if you use 10600 for the lnb frequency and turn the 22Khz tone ON.

Greg, thanks for the reply. It is an old receiver. The front says NEXT LEVEL and no model number. A tag at the bottom reads GENERAL INSTRUMENT model SR3320. The LNBF is a JSC321S-2 from DMS international.
So, I need to go iinto the recever and change the frequency to 10600?

Thanks again.

Jl

You can use 10600 for the lnb frequency If you turn the 22Khz tone ON.

An Universal lnb uses the 22Khz tone to switch between a low and high lnb frequency. In other words, this lnb has two lnb frequencies that you can use. When you turn ON the 22Khz tone, this will cause the lnb to switch to the high lnb frequency which is 10600.

There are 2 ways you can set it up

Most receivers have a Universal setting which defaults to 9750/10600
9750 is the low band
10600 is the high band

since the main north american sats (72-129) dont use the low band, the short cut is to set it to Standard like it is now and change it from 10750 to 10600 and turn the 22k on as Greg noted. Then when you blind scan it wont kill time by scanning the low band

Greg, thanks for the reply. It is an old receiver. The front says NEXT LEVEL and no model number. A tag at the bottom reads GENERAL INSTRUMENT model SR3320. The LNBF is a JSC321S-2 from DMS international.
So, I need to go iinto the recever and change the frequency to 10600?

Thanks again.

Jl

"Next Level" receivers are old analog for C & Ku.
on the back of the receiver, do you have motor an servo controls?
are you sure that it is a mpeg receiver?
if the receiver it is for a C an Ku big dish you will have to get a standard lnb.

General Instrument Next Level SR-3320 is a MPEG 2 DVB receiver.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the menus well enough to be able to assist with helping reprogram the the receivers LO frequency.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)