Help

tsrk30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
I received my Sky Angel IPTV. The set up was very easy until I ran into my first big problem, the remote control is dead! Without the remote I can do nothing. Does anyone know if a universal remote can be programed to control an IPTV box? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

This may sound basic and I do not intend to insult but have you tried new batteries and made sure they are placed right?
Are you getting any reaction from the remote at all? (I ask this as I thought that my remote was not working properly until I read the instructions that you have to hit the stop button to locate the menu) And finally, what screen do you have on the TV?

No insult taken, thanks for taking the time to help.

I tried new batteries and made sure they were installed right.

No reaction with the remote at all.

I have the screen that reads:

TV CHANNELS

RADIO CHANNELS

etc. You are to select which one you want but of course I can't

Any other suggestions

If you can use the arrow buttons in the middle to go up/down to select then hit PLAY in the middle of the arrows which will then take you where you need to go......If not....you DO have a bad remote.

You're toast then...call them and let them know. I feel bad for ya...so close but yet so far! Would'nt hurt to ask them to overnight one to ya, I doubt they will though. Good Luck.

Aww, that's too bad. Actually, when I had a friend help me set up IPTV, I commented that my contribution to the effort was putting batteries. When it came time to point the remote and get started, nothing happened. We looked at each other and laughed. Yup . . . I had one battery in the wrong way!

Would that work for Sky Angel IPTV?
I highly doubt that a universal remote will work with the STB as IPTV is a relativley new concept. I took the time to go through the listing of compatable devices listed on my Universal remotes material and found nothing that comes close to the NeuLion box. You could purchase a Universal and try to auto search for the code but I really have doubts that it would pick it up. Make sure you keep the reciept!
Did you call SA and/or Neulion and let them know....what was there reply?

Thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions. Out of no where the remote began to work. I was able to access the TV channels and started watching TVU. The remote stopped working again and I could not leave TVU to watch anything else. I powered the unit down and went to take care of a few things. I came back and the remote would not turn the unit back on. I waited and tried about 30 minutes later and the remote was working again. I have watched a number of programs so far. I called Sky Angel and they are overnighting me a new remote. I hope it is the remote that is defective and not the set top box. I am in the Air Force and tonight I midnight I have to participate in a military exercise, this will delay me in writing a detailed review.
Here are a few impression so far:

Picture Quality: It is very good in fact better then I expected. The picture lacks in sharpness but over all I have no complaints.

Sound Quality: The TV channels sound very good especially the music video channels. The radio channels however are a little disappointing. It definitely sounds as if you are listening to streaming audio over the INTERNET. RadioU sounds pretty good but Wayfm maybe the worse sounding. There is a lack of bass response and there is no depth in the sound. I would like to know the bit rate of each stream. Does anyone know how we can find this out?

Features: The IPTV 48 hour feature is really cool. At the top of the screen is the stations logo. You highlight the logo and the screen below the logos shows the schedule for the station going back 48 hours. You simply scroll through the title of the programs highlight the one you want to watch click and there is the program. This may be my favorite thing about the IPTV so far. Unless I am missing something this feature does not appear to work on the radio stations. If I am incorrect someone please let me know.

I have watched a great show on the Worship channel called, Full Range of Motion. It is hilarious, I recommend getting the family together and watching it. Everyone will have a great time. If you look for the program in the past 48 hour guide you may find that the program is not listed correctly. If you click on Full Range of Motion you will get the program the Quest. I had to choose the Gather homecoming program to find it. I think it is simply a labeling error.

I watched Origins from a few days ago it was great!

If anyone has any thoughts about the strange remote issue please let me know. Could it be the set top box and not the remote?

I hope to write more Monday after the exercise is over. Everyone have a great night.

i use a AM broadcast receiver as a remote tester. just operate the remote close to the am receiver. (you can hear the remote tones in the am receiver) :)
god bless
john

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts