Sky angel dish pointing help!!!

GForce

Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
I have been trying to point my dish 500 dish to the 61.5 sat to receive only sky angel. 3 days now. I have 2 dish network 311 receivers, a dish 500 dish and the lnb has what are numbered 119 and 110 on it. I have read that only the 119 is the side you use. I don't know anything about this dish network stuff. I have setup a few dirctv systems flawlessly but this is rediculous. I can't even get close. Tress and buildings aren't a factor. My zip is 07204. I get azimuth at 173 and elevation at 41 with what I'm told 90 skew. Post is plumb and level. When I go to the angle screen and put in zip and dish selection I don't get any numbers for the 500 dish.

Someone PLEASE HELP I'm going bald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance

was the dish originally at 110/119? Here is the best thing to do
-skew is 90...correct
-elevation I get 42 and azimuth about 175

Do a check switch on the receiver with nothing hooked up. This will clear any switch settings originally. Hook up cable to receiver and in the menu select 61.5 for satellite and 25 or 32 as the transponder. Those are the 2 SA transponders.

175 is almost dead south for you so it shouldn't be hard. One thing to realize is both parts of the LNB aren't a "straight shot" down the arm like a single LNB system would be so the 175 may be a little but off but with it being almost dead south (180 is dead south) this would be one of the easier installs compared to someone on the west coast :)

Once you get a signal then do a check switch and it should register 61.5 only

oh as for the screen thing 61.5 you would have to select the "dish300" option. The D500 option in the menu settings is only for 110/119

Tried to reset and check switch and I still have NOTHING. I have never had such a problem doing this. I even tried to move the dish's location but nothing Veverything is new but i'm begining to think I have an equip. problem. I don't have to sign up for any programing to get a signal...Right?

Thanks for the help but I gave up and called an installer to point this #$#%$# thing!!

I know this sounds stupid but you have the cable plugged into the left output of the LNB and into the satellite in on the receiver, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)