His Kids Radio offering Wi-Fi "Family Radio"

jegrant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
I know that many people enjoy the variety of Christian Radio available on Sky Angel, and for those who are looking for an alternative to SA-IPTV, perhaps for a second room where you don't need to have video, but would like to hear family-friendly and Christian radio stations - there is a product for you.

I recently ran across His Kids Radio, the network for Christian kids (12 and under), which now offers what they call a "Family Radio" which uses a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet.

Wi-Fi Family Radio? · Features - HisKids.net: positive. powerful. radio on-demand!

Many Christian programs for kids and adults are available on demand, plus live streams as well. Included are music, talk, teaching, etc.

A pre-programmed list is downloaded into the unit every time you turn it on, and this list by default has only family-friendly programming included, so it's safe to place one of these radios in a kid's room or a family room. Adults can log in online and add/modify the list by adding other streams they like. Real Audio, MP3, and Windows Media Audio are all supported.

In addition, you can run a server program on your computer that will allow you to listen to the music on your hard drive with this radio.

Tech Specs:
Wi-Fi Family Radio? · Specs - HisKids.net: positive. powerful. radio on-demand!

The radio costs $179 plus S&H, but there are no monthly fees. However, as with any internet streaming, there are costs incurred, so I would certainly encourage donations to those ministries who provide the streams you enjoy.

While there are other internet radios available, I have not seen one offering a specific family-friendly package like this, nor have I seen one for a lower price that offers the same feature set.

I don't work for them, I just think this is an interesting new product and could be an addition or alternative to SA-IPTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)