help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdad

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Hello everyone,
.\ This is my first post and i need to tell you i know very little if anything about this. But here is my question, I recently had a friend Give me 4 new recievers and a dish for Direct Tv, 3 of the boxes have not even been opened , he says he got them from his girlfriend about 4 yrs ago.Anyway , I know that i can buy the items to receive Dish Net Work, but how about Direct Tv?Is there anything available for it.?
Sorry for being so vague, But like i said i'm very new at this.
Thank You in advance
Jim

what rec

What kind of new in the box receivers? Directv? Those would be only good for directv, dishnetwork uses some different tweak of the signal so only THEIR boxes receive that.
Sorry, your pay-tv equipment is really best suited for the company that provides them. A few of the bigger dishes can be used for real free-to-air, with some modification (different lnbf) but most are too small to be efficient with linear ku sat signals.

If they are DirecTV receivers, then you can subscribe them to the DirecTV service.
There is nothing on FTA you could receive with those boxes.

Now whether or not they might display some barker, NASA, or other info channels is a moot point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need to find a manual

OLD LND KU/C and NEW LNB KU/C Voltage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts