Help

sueb5514

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
I turned the tv off at night and in the morning tried to turn it back on and the screen is blue with no signal. When I unplug the box VIP211 K it doesn't get fuzzy or anything. Tried turning off the box and unplugging the box and nothing changes. It was working perfectly last night. Any ideas??

Mod may want to move this to the DISH forum

Sue, have you tried changing the inputs on your TV? It likely goes on one of the HDMI inputs if this TV is HD. Is there a green light on the dish receiver that indicates it is powered on?

Reactions: stardust3
I turned the tv off at night and in the morning tried to turn it back on and the screen is blue with no signal. When I unplug the box VIP211 K it doesn't get fuzzy or anything. Tried turning off the box and unplugging the box and nothing changes. It was working perfectly last night. Any ideas??

Make sure you are seeing a light on the DISH receiver to make sure it is getting power. Then change the input on the TV itself. There are probably two or more HDMI inputs and the TV may be set to one with nothing plugged in. Using the TV remote go through the input list slowly till you see the Dish receiver picture or screensaver.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Mod may want to move this to the DISH forum

Sue, have you tried changing the inputs on your TV? It likely goes on one of the HDMI inputs if this TV is HD. Is there a green light on the dish receiver that indicates it is powered on?
Yes the green light is on. We tried all of the inputs and nothing. What's really odd is we watched it the night before and just turned it off and this morning there was a blue screen and no signal. Do you think it could possibly be the box?

It can be a bad receiver, but we will see. What input is your TV on right now and how do you have the receiver connected to the TV? Have you tried unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it?

It can be a bad receiver, but we will see. What input is your TV on right now and how do you have the receiver connected to the TV? Have you tried unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it?
We have tried every input. It originally was on A1 when everything was working. It is connected correctly because we watched it last night and it was fine. It doesn't seem to be getting anything because I can't even pull up the menu. It is just a blue screen. Could it possible need another start from Dish?

Exactly how does signal get from your 211K to the TV? Coaxial cable, Composite cable (yellow, red, white), component cables (red, blue green +red/white for audio) or HDMI cable?

Exactly how does signal get from your 211K to the TV? Coaxial cable, Composite cable (yellow, red, white), component cables (red, blue green +red/white for audio) or HDMI cable?
I think she is using red/white/yellow RCA cables. The giveaway is her input is A1 (AV).

Yes the green light is on. We tried all of the inputs and nothing. What's really odd is we watched it the night before and just turned it off and this morning there was a blue screen and no signal. Do you think it could possibly be the box?
I had the exact same thing happen to me last year when my original ViP211 went bad. The green power light would come on, but I could not get any picture or sound no matter which output I used for connecting it to the TV. Rebooting the receiver and trying a different TV also did not help. I called Dish and they sent me a free ViP211k as a replacement for the old ViP211. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)