Help!

mb800

Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I need assistance in transferring video off of my DVR onto a computer hard drive or any method other than a VCR as I want quality to preserve these programs. Can anyone send me a link or get me in touch with anyone that is qualified to assist me in transferring these programs off of my hard drive on my 721 & 508 to a computer hard drive or an external drive to preserve this programming? I have a lot of experience with dish and with computers but I have yet to figure this out but I want to copy these programs so I can delete them from these 2 DVRs so I can sell them. Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

I am not sure how to get to yahoo Dish Mod can you walk me through that as I have not used the yahoo site for dish help before. I found the dish mods group but do not see anything regarding dishrips can you guide me to the link to that particular post or forum?

Last edited:
How about buying a cheap dvd recorder from walmat. Back up the programs to a recordable dvd or get a PCI tv tuner card, that's encode the input to a mpeg 2 file and use nero to convert and burn to a recordable bvd. That's what I done.

A friend of mines, use to tell me about a program that allow you to rip movies from the dish hard drive using linux. But, you had to take the hard drive out of the dish receiver. I paid him no mind, because it sound like to much trouble for the same results.

I am not sure how to get to yahoo Dish Mod can you walk me through that as I have not used the yahoo site for dish help before. I found the dish mods group but do not see anything regarding dishrips can you guide me to the link to that particular post or forum?

You need to have a Yahoo account and subscribe to the group. You'll see the information in their group. I can't really say much in this site about how is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)