Ok I'm Getting Ready to Change My Service Address

Joseph4200

Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I'm getting ready to change my service address to the Atlanta area so I can receive HD locals.

I need some advice on how I should go about doing this.

What all do I need to do this? Do I need any kinda receiver codes for activation?

Should I turn my receiver off in some way? Do I need to disable it somehow?

What should i say to the customer service person?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Don't forget, if you need a service call or need replacement equipment, it will go to Atlanta !!! Otherwise, shouldn't have any problems.

I just called in and said I noticed the service address was wrong, please correct it.

If you change your service address, will your box automatically give you the HD LiLs for that area?

If you have an OTA antenna will it screw up your local listings as well since you're getting different locals?

Does E* really care??

ok i did it,

I just said i wanted to change the service address but keep the billing address. I asked for the locals and got them.

Went really smooth and no questions asked.

Now I get all the HD locals from Atlanta in HD...

That means, Lost, Heros, Greay's Adanemy and the greastest of all time, the ATLANTA FALCONS in HD!

Woot!

Thanks to everybody that helped and I absolutely love this site. I will totally recommend this to all my buds back at IGN...

Get paperless billing, call to move again before placing any service calls.

Double check the billing address on their web system to ensure it is the same as the old one, so the credit card authorization don't flag it as a wrong zip, etc.

Enjoy the future of distants programming:)

I'm envious. Where should I move if I want to get NY and/or LA HD locals? Would an area that hasn't got local service yet be a good candidate, or would they then try to stick me with the nearest metro networks?

Joseph, as you proved, the billing addy isn't an issue. There's the proof they don't really care.

So I guess you would no longer be able to get your local guide info for the OTA antenna?

You still get the guide info for your OTA channels. I'm surprised but I just finished hooking up and activating E* and my local NBC HD guide info is correct even though I have the DC locals.

I though about doing this a while back when I ordered my VOIP service, but scrapped the idea since Detroit HD LIL is on 118 and I would be required to buy a Dish 1000+ and DPP-44 switch. Instead, I went Canadian and receive Detroit HD LIL, Seattle HD LIL, and hockey from CBCHD and TSNHD for a little more than $30 per month. It made better sense in my case.

Is there a distance issue with LA?
I am about to "move" from Vegas to LA.
I can't stand non HD locals any longer and OTA only gets CBS.

I though about doing this a while back when I ordered my VOIP service, but scrapped the idea since Detroit HD LIL is on 118 and I would be required to buy a Dish 1000+ and DPP-44 switch. Instead, I went Canadian and receive Detroit HD LIL, Seattle HD LIL, and hockey from CBCHD and TSNHD for a little more than $30 per month. It made better sense in my case.

Where does one have to live to receive CBC HD hockey? I miss those broadcasts. Used to get them all the time on my BUD before they went digital.

Where can one find....

the area (?) map of NYC HD LILs?. Is there somewhere that one can find out how far from the city (towards west-northwest) the authorized HD LILs are available. Thanks, Gerry

Two more ?s

1. If "moving" and your billing address is the same- why do you need to go with paperless billing? Doesn't make much sense to me as your billing address is the same as now.
2. Currently I have "distants"- east and west coast plus CBS HD East off 61.5. Do you lose your SD distants if you "move" and are able to get HD LILs?

Thanks in advance, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)