Ok I'm Getting Ready to Change My Service Address

I must have mistakenly posted in the 'Let's debate the morality and ethics of "moving"' thread.

I recently "moved" from W. Michigan to Chicago. All went slick. The gal in India was very helpful and spoke fairly good English. I would have "moved" to Detroit, but their HD is on 118 and I don't feel like investing in another new dish and LNB's. Sounds like Fox Sports Detroit HD isn't on the initial HD RSN list anyways.......

Do I feel guilty for "moving?" Nope... I'm not getting anything for free- just watching a few different channels.

Interesting thing is I'm getting the Chicago spotbeam locals off 110 in addition to Chicago HD from 129... unexpected. They hiccup and drop out once in a while, but overall very watchable. Must be a pretty good sized footprint.

I recently "moved" from W. Michigan to Chicago. All went slick. The gal in India was very helpful and spoke fairly good English. I would have "moved" to Detroit, but their HD is on 118 and I don't feel like investing in another new dish and LNB's. Sounds like Fox Sports Detroit HD isn't on the initial HD RSN list anyways.......

Do I feel guilty for "moving?" Nope... I'm not getting anything for free- just watching a few different channels.

Interesting thing is I'm getting the Chicago spotbeam locals off 110 in addition to Chicago HD from 129... unexpected. They hiccup and drop out once in a while, but overall very watchable. Must be a pretty good sized footprint.

Congrats on your move. Glad to hear of your positive customer service experience. Those phone lines to India may be HD as well :)

Chicago HD local...spotbeam?

The HD locals for Chicago are listed on 129...would that be accessible for anyone within the 129 footprint, or are they on some sort of spotbeam?

ANd if I move to Chicago, are the SD channels also on 129...spotbeam? Or accessible to anyone within the shadow of 129?

Chicago locals are on the same spotbeam as Grand Rapids, Indianapolis and St Louis.

O.k so I guess I'm the dumbest guy on here so some kind person walk me through this. I live in S.W Missouri and I want to move to ST. Louis, Step by step what do I do? I don't care even If I have to move to K.C, I need to know what address to use and what to tell them. Sorry I'm not to bright I guess, Thanks for the help, hopefully I can return the favor someday.:confused::)

The HD locals for Chicago are listed on 129...would that be accessible for anyone within the 129 footprint, or are they on some sort of spotbeam?

ANd if I move to Chicago, are the SD channels also on 129...spotbeam? Or accessible to anyone within the shadow of 129?

Everything on 129 is CONUS as in Continental US. No spot beams on 129.

Chicago locals are on the same spotbeam as Grand Rapids, Indianapolis and St Louis.

Not what I show.

Chicago & St. Louis locals on 110 spot beam 19. (Chicago HD locals on 129 conus, St. Louis HD locals on 118 conus.)

IND, GRR, FNT, LAN, TOL, FWA, DET locals all on 110 spot beam 13. (DET HD locals on 118 conus.)

I'm getting Chicago locals (ie 110 spot beam 19) SE of Grand Rapids, MI...... Usually stay locked unless the weather's crappy.

Not what I show.

Chicago & St. Louis locals on 110 spot beam 19. (Chicago HD locals on 129 conus, St. Louis HD locals on 118 conus.)

IND, GRR, FNT, LAN, TOL, FWA, DET locals all on 110 spot beam 13. (DET HD locals on 118 conus.)

I'm getting Chicago locals (ie 110 spot beam 19) SE of Grand Rapids, MI...... Usually stay locked unless the weather's crappy.

I stand corrected then. I guess it still means that with 110 you can get Chicago locals spotbeam as far away as St Louis though which is what I was intending to say.

Everything on 129 is CONUS as in Continental US. No spot beams on 129.

Wait let me see if I understand this. If someone can pickup 129 they could "move" to any DMA on that satellite and receive it with no problems? Like someone in the Charleston Huntington DMA could pick Atlanta or Salt Lake City HD locals with no problem?

When you change your service address do they even ask about if you need new dishes or an install visit? Do they impose any additional charges?

Guys, I am new to the site and have a similar question as the thread..I live in north central Indiana, I gave Dish a relatives address in Pittsburgh..They said ok and turned them on..So far all I get is the header showing what program is on then, 004 error, check switch..Switch is ok..Dish pro 500..Tech says Pitt locals are on 110.. Does anyone know if these are spot beamed and I am too far away? Or does it just take awhile to get them on as one tech told me..Am I screwed??? Thanks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)