Status
Please reply by conversation.
Choice up $3 to $58.99
Choice Xtra up$63.99
Choice Plus DVR 69.99 up $4 from $65.99
Choice Plus HD DVR now $79.99 a month up $4 from $75.99
(DVR fee is up to $7 a month)
Premiere now $114.99 from 109.99 up $5.

Effective February 9th (the same day they drop XM.)

...but if you look closely, Plus DVR and Plus HD DVR are considered "legacy" base packages. So what's the last day to sign up for those packages? February 8th?

Edit: because if my math is correct, signing up for Plus HD DVR would save me $1 a month.

Looking at the document it looks like they finalized the new rates back in November.

I think its not a good idea to get rid of the Plus DVR and Plus HD DVR packages, it was the Plus HD DVR package that got me to sign up for DirecTV.

The rate increase isnt bad, but when you figure in your losing XM on the same day it makes it seem like more.

So DISH will have NO price increase but the equipment fees will go up and be consolidated into one big fee minus the extra dvr fee, now going up to 6.00 & the A/0 fee of 5.00. Sounds like DIRECTV is having the bigger increase out of the two companies.

Yea, I am not sure but this one is really annoying me. They usually don't. I think I am fed up with these damn companies charging more for anything in this economy. Time to find another hobby, and yes like someone else said already no Versus? Not a new HD channel in how long now? Well at least something worth a crap!!!

I would be with my local cable company if they had anything close to good equipment, or Uverse if they ever get over the program thing..God this company is pissing me off.

Looking at the document it looks like they finalized the new rates back in November.

I think its not a good idea to get rid of the Plus DVR and Plus HD DVR packages, it was the Plus HD DVR package that got me to sign up for DirecTV.

The rate increase isnt bad, but when you figure in your losing XM on the same day it makes it seem like more.
So what music channels will D* have ?

Choice up $3 to $58.99
Choice Xtra up$63.99

I still have Total Choice +, where does the rate increase end up with that as a grandfathered package ?

The prices normally go up 2-3 dollars a year, looks like this year it's up 5-6 dollars, without any addl. programming ...... Thats ridiculous.

I think the package name change is because too many people confused plus dvr and plus hd dvr with charges for actual hd dvr / dvr

Trust me I know it sounds stupid but you dont know how many sup calls I have taken over this one issue.

Choice up $3 to $58.99
Choice Xtra up$63.99

We if Dish was smart they would ignore any rate jumps this year and just open their hands for all the DirectTV customers that will be jumping ship to Dish cause of these changes. I hear the same thing over and over again from Direct Customers... Prices keep rising and nothing new added so I'm going to Dish!

We if Dish was smart they would ignore any rate jumps this year and just open their hands for all the DirectTV customers that will be jumping ship to Dish cause of these changes. I hear the same thing over and over again from Direct Customers... Prices keep rising and nothing new added so I'm going to Dish!

Thats interesting, seeing DISH raises thier prices every year as well.

It very well may be that 3 dollars or close to that is the extra cost of the music stations being changed that day. It seems like he is treating things like he did as the head of TCI. A sizable price increase every year with some stations disapearing and maybe reapearing later. Which is definitly not what I signed up for, I left comcast for reasons like these.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)