Here is the latest HD news

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It would be helpful if E* would stop with the 'soon' and 'may' in their announcements of what's coming to help folks figure out what they want to do, unless that's the entire point, just drag customers along with vague announcements hoping they don't cancel and go to another provider.

I'm convinced that's exactly what they are doing. But, I'm not sure they have any real alternative than to string people along for the time being.

It's easy for E* to say that their "plans to enhance our HD programming line-up this spring remain on track" since they don't give out specific dates they plan on lighting up new HD, just generalities like, "spring" or "by the end of the year" or "soon".

USA & Sci-fi added

Chinatown
Member Join Date: Oct 11th, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just concluded a call to a CSR named Jamie, as I had some issues with my HD programming.

I like the rest of you questioned her about any new forthcoming HD Nationals.

She indicated unequivocally, that the following channels will be lit up ( available) by the end of April.

A 200 package

VHI
Toon Disney
USA
WGN
ABC Family
AMC
BET
CMT
BBC
Cartoon Network
Disney
ESPN News
IFC
More Max
HBO 2
Nick
SCI FI

A 250 Package to include the above +

Biography
MGM
Smithsonian
Tennis
Weather

( I think Direct has these as an upgrade, as well.)

Presently have the A 200, but may have to upgrade to the A 250, as the MGM & Smithsonian would be nice additions

Sorry, but, I did not ask her about what may be included in the A 100+ package

Gee, looks like some of what she said has come true..........

Chinatown

Sine she named almost every channel out there (and one or to that don't seem to exist) almost any addition would have made that true.

I am still waiting to see premium HD channels without subbing to the premium package.

Sorry I crossed with Goaliebob.

Chinatown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just concluded a call to a CSR named Jamie, as I had some issues with my HD programming.

I like the rest of you questioned her about any new forthcoming HD Nationals.

She indicated unequivocally, that the following channels will be lit up ( available) by the end of April.

A 200 package

VHI
Toon Disney
USA
WGN
ABC Family
AMC
BET
CMT
BBC
Cartoon Network
Disney
ESPN News
IFC
More Max
HBO 2
Nick
SCI FI

A 250 Package to include the above +

Biography
MGM
Smithsonian
Tennis
Weather

( I think Direct has these as an upgrade, as well.)

Presently have the A 200, but may have to upgrade to the A 250, as the MGM & Smithsonian would be nice additions

Sorry, but, I did not ask her about what may be included in the A 100+ package

Dude, I don't think anyone is doubting what you were told. It's the validity of the source that's in question.....

any rumors on CNBC+ (or whatever the 16:9 channel is referred to)? i know it's lame to take up HD satellite space with a SD channel but I've seen it on D and it's a lot better to watch than the SD CNBC on E currently

No everyone does not get Cinemax. Where did you get that from? It is not part of AT 200 or AT 250. Cinemax is sold the same way HBO is. It si not bundled with any of the AT xxx packages---except.

Run a search for penny cinemax. If you sign up for paperless billing and autopay you can get Cinemax for 1 cent for a year, price good through January 2010. There might be one other requirement like DVR Advantage so don't quote me.

But Cinemax is available to just about everyone because it's basically free. There have been some posts in other threads stating that this promotion may be coming to an end... So if you're interested, look into it.... <<sorry can't help myself>> SOON! :)

Hope that helps.

Companies for the most part do not normally launch channels from competing companies on the same day, I am just surprised that theydidn't launch Chiller today as well since it also is a NBC/Universal property.

Rad, It the amount of HD that is listed that is in question. I know that they had plans to launch some of those channels with amc 14, thats all, While their spring plans are not in trouble, I dont think they can add all that they listed. Remeber that the charlie chat was before amc14. IF they do have the bandwith allocated for the 20+ channels listed then why and the hell have they been stringing us along then?

All the channels listed were due to be launched before AMC14 was put into service. AMC14 has nothing to do with these planned announced launches. However it did effect unannounced channels that they planned on launching (no I don't know what they were so don't ask) :)

Scott, Any word on new RSN's

Scott, really don't care at all for SciFi! But really want FSNBA and ESPNNEWS HD! Any buxx about RSN's?

Rad, It the amount of HD that is listed that is in question. I know that they had plans to launch some of those channels with amc 14, thats all, While their spring plans are not in trouble, I dont think they can add all that they listed. Remeber that the charlie chat was before amc14. IF they do have the bandwith allocated for the 20+ channels listed then why and the hell have they been stringing us along then?
Bob, that's not how things have been presented, refer to the retailer chat notes that occured after AMC 14's failure, at http://www.satelliteguys.us/1276410-post3.html Scott says:

Jim then goes on to talk about the national HD channels, as the same channel logos from the consumer chat and last weeks retailer chat are now shown.

Jim says 80% of the channels listed will be launched in the near future and that is with or without AMC-14.

Jim once again tells us Dish is moving FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Now I'm really confused, will it be 80% of the channels listed in the Charlie Chat as Scott says all of the channels listed won't be effected by AMC14's failure?

The missing channels from that 80% number are a few of the pay services which are not broadcasting in HD yet. Thos channels are not expected to be ready and start broadcasting until June or later.

Bob, that's not how things have been presented, refer to the retailer chat notes that occured after AMC 14's failure, at http://www.satelliteguys.us/1276410-post3.html Scott says:

Jim then goes on to talk about the national HD channels, as the same channel logos from the consumer chat and last weeks retailer chat are now shown.

Jim says 80% of the channels listed will be launched in the near future and that is with or without AMC-14.

Jim once again tells us Dish is moving FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Now I'm really confused, will it be 80% of the channels listed in the Charlie Chat as Scott says all of the channels listed won't be effected by AMC14's failure?

My question is, why are you concerned? Aren't you a D* sub?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)