Here is to Jason Chen - a class act for manning up to a lapse of judgment and taste

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
No, I am not talking about the iphone-gate.

Gizmodo's Jason Chen has just published blog post in which he had apologized for making fun of someone a few years ago, in which he characterized a lady who was pushing a stroller while riding a segway as lazy and a sad sign of the times.

Apparently this photo went viral; but the reality was that she was riding the segway because she was a cancer survivor and could not walk to push her baby.

Well, Jason just issued a new post in which he apologizes and tells her story. Its worth the read.

I Am Very Sorry, Segway Stroller Lady

Gee...nice to see he is "on the ball" with his timely apology. :rolleyes:

He apparently only found out about it the other day. Read the original blog post and the comment from two days ago from the woman's son.

I agree, the right thing to do. Thats why I try to avoid using stuff like the "special olympics" photo, of arguing on the internet... Somebody just gets hurt. But, if I am going to take that seriously, I guess I can't visit people of wally world any more.

Youth and wisdom rarely come together. Jason is simply not an exception. As Jason, like most youth, matures, he will recognize that not everything is as it first appears. He won't be so quick to judge by first appearances. That is wisdom.

2 gb or 3 gb memory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)