here we go again, another dispute between Dish & Tegna impending

Since we pay extra for locals, why doesn't Dish just pay the extra on locals and pass it on to the customers in those markets? If people did not want to pay the extra,then drop locals.

I expect Dish would find that bad for business. If the proposed numbers that get bandied about are true, local channel prices could go up by $10 or more per year. They talk about 200-500% price increases, which sounds like something a lot of people don't want to pay. If Dish doesn't negotiate for a lower price, someone else who will will be able to offer the same thing for less money. The value of dropping of channels in a dispute is, well, disputable, but that is the course Dish has decided to take.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
as i was watching WFAA channel 8's news at 4 just a moment ago, i saw a scroll warning Dish customers that about a pending takedown of the Tegna owned stations on Dish which reads this "Attention Dish subscribers: starting at 6:00 PM November 30, WFAA may not be available on Dish. You could lose access to your favorite ABC network programs and your local news, weather and sports. Tell Dish to keep WFAA on the air. visit wfaa.com/dish to learn more".

looks like the current Dish/Tegna agreement is about to come to a end. the last blackout from Tegna on Dish came on October 9, 2015 and reached a new deal 2 days later on October 11, 2015.

anyway, this is a heads up for those who live in Markets that have a Tegna Owned station that these stations will go bye-bye on Dish's lineup after tomorrow night.

i don't have Dish now as i have DirecTV, but i used to be a Dish customer and still feel your pain Dish customers.

here's a list of Tegna owned stations:
Tegna, Inc. - Wikipedia
They're having hissy fits about this on the Dish Facebook page also. It's getting to the point that every time Dish puts an article on Facebook all people are posting when am I going to get HBO back and threating to leave.

They're having hissy fits about this on the Dish Facebook page also. It's getting to the point that every time Dish puts an article on Facebook all people are posting when am I going to get HBO back and threating to leave.

Yet another reason to stay off Facebook.

We have two stations owned by Tegna running a scroll across the screen in our city Beaumont/Pt. Arthur ,Texas . So we lose our ABC and NBC station by 6pm today. Good thing I no longer have DISH locals and use my antenna + Tablo dvr for all my ota recordings.

Another programming dispute. When will it end?

Sigh, it doesn't end. In this world of streaming the high dollar multi channel pricing is just doesn't make sense. I'm not sure how satellite companies will survive long term. They have to survuve on rural customers with crappy internet (rural internal access is an embarrassment in this country). More and more people are just buying what they want a la carte.

Guess I better make a list of the NBC timers and move them to the media PC.

Well.... It's after 5PM eastern time, did they go off yet or is the deadline 5PM in a different time zone?

It's supposed to happen at 6pm central time or 7pm eastern. We will be losing our local CBS affiliate WISC. We lost our local ABC affiliate a few months ago during the Quincy Media dispute.

It's getting very old

Reactions: dishdude
Well.... It's after 5PM eastern time, did they go off yet or is the deadline 5PM in a different time zone?

Must be West Coast. We're still up in Denver, albeit's 4pm here. I can't see them doing a cascading shutdown. ALTHOUGH it would pretty impressive. "OMG!!" "We're gonna lose the low res 24 Hour Weather channel out of Denver!" "When will I know it's snowing?!"

The only Tegna affiliate here has a take down time of 4:00 pm PST. Not looking forward to the calls. Installed a long time DTV customer yesterday. One of the main reasons he hadn't switched years ago was the more frequent DISH channel disputes. I finally convinced him that it wasn't as bad (at least around here) as he had heard. Doh! Hope Jeopardy or Wheel aren't on his must have list.

I'm adding all Grandma's timers to OTA and "OMG!!! Those without OTA are gonna miss the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!!"

While adding this stuff I'm seeing that they set this up to blackout over the weekend when a whole lot is not on. Except Ball Games and Victoria's Secret!!

AND I couldn't look away, I had to go see DISH's Facebook page and a new phase popped into my head to replace "Boiler Plate Replies", "FKey Replies". An awful lot of FKeys being pressed. Do that's where the DIRT guys went?

It's supposed to happen at 6pm central time or 7pm eastern. We will be losing our local CBS affiliate WISC. We lost our local ABC affiliate a few months ago during the Quincy Media dispute.

It's getting very old

That makes sense. 5pm Mountain.

I just wondered will they have to pull OTA capability also? I never though of that. 5 minutes until, supposedly, not seeing any crawlers anymore . . . Then what . . . Wait 9 Denver still has the same thing I posted a link to. No updates. We'll find out in 2 minutes 45 seconds.

This is more fun than New Years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)