here we go again, another dispute between Dish & Tegna impending

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So I have our channel on in the upper corner of the screen. It's still on and I'm seeing a lot of DISH commercials. A lot.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

UPDATE:
11:11, now they're saying 12:30am MST, Dec 1.

Last edited:
It's official, it's down. Happened about 12:50am MST. I missed the actual collapse. I was distracted watching a channel that was still on. Now it's all DISH propaganda.

Now that I am watching OTA, I once again realize how much better the OTA picture is.

Last edited:
Here in Western Washington both KING/5 and KONG/6-16 are toast, at least for the time being. Tegna (and the network overlords) want(s) more of OUR money. Let's see how long this holdout lasts. Given the number of extensions there is some hope things will be made nice rapidly.

Oh wow I thought they where going to extend it again.

I just sold a lady Directv today because of the HBO fiasco.

She has her Hopper set to record HBO all month long. Finally went to watch her DVR and realized nothing recorded.

She called Dish, said there was nothing they could do so she called me looking to get spectrum.

Spectrum was not available so we switched her to Directv.

I’m so glad I don’t sell dish anymore and have to deal with this.

This is getting old. At least they can’t take away the OTA Signal.

Reactions: reddice
I am waiting for all locals to be streaming. Right now there are some out there, but not all. But the streaming services are growing every day. Direct TV is in Beta format to offer its' packages via streaming. No antenna or wiring, just streaming. Spectrum is also offering a service.

I think the increased number of retrans disputes is directly related to the change in the number of stations that a single corporation can own. When a corporation had only a few station its leverage was very low but now that a single corporation can own stations across the country an outage affects many stations and hence many more viewers.

In the past getting locals was a big deal for Dish and DirecTV but in might just be time for them to rethink that strategy and refuse to carry locals unless the local invokes the must carry provision and hence no retrans fees. Especially if Dish really has the whole OTA dongle problems fixed. Just a thought.

IF DISH wanted to get around this whole locals thing they could make sure that they have a 4 tuner ota dongle that gets you the 4 main networks. Then make sure that they have an easy antenna install for all subs who want one and of course still provide guide information. Then the they could still provide locals by satellite for those who can't receive the signal over the air. Of course those people who sub to locals will pay the price that they stations want to charge. Then they can tell those up front that the price of locals is subject in change due to local stations demands for higher carriage price. Put the blame squarely on the locals up front. What is really needed is a change in the laws that mandate must carry and forced carriage at the local stations demands for their price.

Here in Western Washington both KING/5 and KONG/6-16 are toast, at least for the time being. Tegna (and the network overlords) want(s) more of OUR money. Let's see how long this holdout lasts. Given the number of extensions there is some hope things will be made nice rapidly.
Yep, this morning they were off...don't know what time it actually happened, but I looked at 7am and they're down. Last time this happened, it lasted about 2 weeks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts