Here we go again, third time, dish changing owned receivers to leased

Mary,

This is not only frustrating but is also very stressful having to deal with this. I am a senior and my stress tolerance level is not what it used to be, due to health issues I just can't continue to put up with this crap over and over again. My receiver just got changed in the past few days, since my bill printed on 11/15. On the 15th it showed as being purchased and today when I went on line to pay my bill it showes as leased.
Dish should BE REQUIRED to tell ME why they changed it! JUST STOP CHANGING IT, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Please PM me your account or phone number and I will look into this for you. Thank you!

Checked my account... Still shows my owned Hopper as "purchased" and the others as "leased." *crosses fingers* I still have the receipt for the owned receiver, I'll keep it locked away, thing is worth $450!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

PTVC said:
Whim (impulse) does not seem to describe it. If it has been changed, then its was done deliberately, wouldn't you say?

You'd think... Funny how no leased receivers are mistaken as owned...

You'd think... Funny how no leased receivers are mistaken as owned...

If it happened that way too, I'd think it were a glitch. Way too fishy.

I will keep an eye on my owned receiver to make sure it isn't kidnapped.

I have 3 receivers I have hooked up and only activate when I have company over, I have activated them and deactivated them as needed over the years and they never changed to leased.

They have a dish rep on this site.
Why don't you ask her your questions?She's probably the only one who can give you a straight answer
I can understand your frastration.If you didn't get it through them,iyour account should show that.
I've always gotten my irds from ebay.Much cheaper.So they would have a hard time marking mine as leased,LOL

No one is saying that someone is purposefully, maliciously doing it, but for this problem to be existent for so long without permanent resolution is criminal.

The fact that this problem has existed for years and Dish has not done anything about it is certainly criminal. When I received my first 722 and HD programming in 2008, they wanted to take my owned 508 out the door with them, claiming it was leased. As I've said before, Dish is like a high school. They are very unprofessional and don't care.

My frustrations come from being a retailer and customer. I'm ok with my situation since it's easy for me to have access to my receipt and show that mine is purchased. Where I get REALLY frustrated is when I see this happen to my customers and people on here. Just makes me wonder what is going on.

This same thing happened to me when I cancelled my Dish account years ago. I had a owned 510 and a leased 522.
When I called to cancel they told me I had to send back both because they were both leased.
I told them I had my original contract for the 510 (I installed Dish and had done my own contact on the 510), but I wasn't going to bother sending them a copy... they should have a copy.
In my opinion, they have the burden of proof. When they sent the box, I sent back the 522 and thats it.
If they wanted to pursue it they would have had to provide the paperwork to prove I leased it, which did not exist... so wasn't worried about it

I agree. I have been with dish for 12 years and never had anyone on my property or never have i signed any paperwork. So as far as i am concerned they would have to provide proof where i had leased anything.

I have a 508 and a 501, both owned, DISH has been changing mine for years. I usually check when I stop getting my bill in the mail. At least 3 times a year they change me to paperless billing, makes a good tip off that they're messing with my account again. Waiting for the next screw up when they replace my 50X with 512's.

yeah you have to watch dish every month I have to call and get my bill straightened out because they keep over charging but I record every conversation and keep all emails that way if I have to go to court I can sue the piss out of them

Yeah, they recently did it to one of my 211's. Haven't got around to calling them to get it straightened out.

Please send me your account information because the more accounts that I can show that are being affected by, the easier it will be for me to find out what is happening. Thank you!

I have a 508 and a 501, both owned, DISH has been changing mine for years. I usually check when I stop getting my bill in the mail. At least 3 times a year they change me to paperless billing, makes a good tip off that they're messing with my account again. Waiting for the next screw up when they replace my 50X with 512's.

I had this happen twice as well. Even though I was signed up for paperless billing and autopay, I would get a phone call that they had not gotten my payment. When I would call them back they could give me no explanation as to how or why it got changed. At least that has not happen in a long while, but this is the second time I have had my owned equipment changed to leased.

dare2be said:
No one is saying that someone is purposefully, maliciously doing it, but for this problem to be existent for so long without permanent resolution is criminal.

And in the recent retailer class action lawsuit, we discovered that there was a computer program written that would purposely charge back dealer commission payments. The sole purpose of the program was to under pay the retailers in the hopes they would not catch the error in payment.

If dish would do that to their retailers, imagine them changing owned equipment to leased equipment on their customers to either force a customer to return a owned receiver when they cancelled, or pay for the equipment a second time.

"In October, Judge Richard Lowe said that before the jurors on the case deliberate, he would, according to Bloomberg, "instruct them about Dish’s destruction of e-mails before and after the lawsuit was filed. Lowe granted AMC’s motion for sanctions, saying Dish should have anticipated a lawsuit and begun saving e-mails when it notified Voom it might terminate the contract. Dish said the e-mails were automatically deleted."

In light of Claude's comment, here is a word that comes to mind: RICO

"In October, Judge Richard Lowe said that before the jurors on the case deliberate, he would, according to Bloomberg, "instruct them about Dish’s destruction of e-mails before and after the lawsuit was filed. Lowe granted AMC’s motion for sanctions, saying Dish should have anticipated a lawsuit and begun saving e-mails when it notified Voom it might terminate the contract. Dish said the e-mails were automatically deleted."

In light of Claude's comment, here is a word that comes to mind: RICO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

This has Dish Networks name written all over it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)