Here's a suggestion: Add ESPNDeportes and Fox Sports en Espanol to Sports Pack

TravelFan1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
... or sell the 2 of them separate. Or add them to the AT250.

I thought of posting on the FSE/ESPNDeportes Can you get ESPNDeportes and FSE a la cart? thread, but I'd really like to make my suggestion very clear in case someone at Echostar's reading this....

For those soccer/futbol afficionados everywhere, if you do not know, these 2 channels broadcast far more matches than their English Counterparts. For instance, FSE shows Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana - and, in both cases, SAP in English is available.

Last edited:
To add more info: Both Time Warner Cable iN NYC and Fios offer FSE in their English Language Packages - and I believe Fios in Northern NJ offers ESPNDeportes, too, in their English Language Pack.

Great suggestion. I would love to see that. I believe that's how U-Verse does it. If it's sports the customer wants, them give them all the odd ball mix 'n' match sports channels you've got and wrap 'em up in one big multi-sport pack. I've been disappointed at how many channels easily should and could be packaged with multi-sport that aren't.

The problem with this fine idea is that it is like trying to contact Obama to give your brother a little more time to finish his tax return.

Dish (and some cable providers) are in the middle of a huge dispute with ESPN over the cost of their channels, which is why you do not see ESPN News in HD any more on Dish.

Putting ESPN Deportes in a different package is so far off the radar that you would need a telescope to see it.

( Fox Sports Espanol is far more likely as Fox Sports is actively trying to get everyone to give them more exposure for all their channels. )

Great suggestion. I would love to see that. I believe that's how U-Verse does it. If it's sports the customer wants, them give them all the odd ball mix 'n' match sports channels you've got and wrap 'em up in one big multi-sport pack. I've been disappointed at how many channels easily should and could be packaged with multi-sport that aren't.
It is odd, FSC, Versus, NHL and NFL networks are in 250, not in a sports pack. Of course, this is what makes Dish a better deal for me over Directv. I can get the 250, with the most non-premium channels and then not have to pay $12 or $13 extra for a sports package. It is an odd way to do it, but it works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)