Here's a Weird Problem!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
This morning I woke up and both my boxes were crashed. One of them was just a regular crash with the small picture stuck up in the right of the screen. Fixed by rebooting. This box got the new software last night.

But the other box -- it was stuck on one channel (normal crash) so I re-boot it. When it re-boot all the OTA channels were showing NBC programming (the actual channel not the info bar). And there were no sat channels. I checked the system status and I had 0 OTA power, 0 OTA quality, 100 Sat power and 99 Sat quality.

I re-boot a couple more times but nothing. So I unplugged it and it fixed itself. But this box did not get the new software update. Hopefully it will get hit with the update tonight.

I just ordered voom today and have an install scheduled for 4-10 with installers Inc. I do not have a phone jack in the room with my hdtv what can i do? anything?

stilesr said:
I just ordered voom today and have an install scheduled for 4-10 with installers Inc. I do not have a phone jack in the room with my hdtv what can i do? anything?

stlersr,

welcome. You can use the wireless connection from RS.

does the wireless phone jack interfere with wireless-b and g transmissions? I have a wireless lan setup and was thinking about going this route also.

It "can" interfere. I installed a wireless lan in my house last fall. Worked great for 3 mos...then one day it started flaking out. Troubleshot the problem down to the wireless section of the access point, and called LinkSys. The CSR was very good...had me change the channel on the AP after asking if I had 2.4g wireless phones. I told her I doubted that was the problem as the system had been working perfectly for over 3mos. She said that the phones cycle through a lot of frequencies, and that sometimes it takes quite awhile for them to hit a freq that will interfere with the wireless freqs. I was pretty skeptical, but she stayed on the phone while I changed frequencies of the access point, and it fixed everything. Haven't had an issue since.

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts